Improve the production value of your work by upgrading to digital film just like the Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 4K! Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera is better than a simple video camera because it has professional features allowing you to create the same "look" as Hollywood feature films. This 4k camera features a 4/3" sensor for capturing up to 4096 x 2160 DCI 4K images at rates up to 75 fps in a variety of codecs including Blackmagic Raw at several bit rates and various ProRes 422 options. With the 6.6 updates, the BMPCC 4K now offers up to 80 fps in a 2.8K raw mode for 4:3 anamorphic and up to 75 fps in a 4K raw mode in a 2.4:1 widescreen. A 2x de-squeeze preview is available for 4:3 recording as well as a 1.33x de-squeeze option. The combination of high dynamic range, great low light performance, and Blackmagic RAW gives you feature film images with precise skin tones and gorgeous organic colors.
Figure 1: Hollywood-Inspired Look
- Get the "Hollywood Look" with Digital Film - Pocket Cinema Camera has the professional features you need for feature films, television programming, and documentaries, however now these same features can be used to revolutionize other types of work such as blog videos, YouTube content, and more. You get the same features found on expensive digital film cameras, allowing the capture of deeper colors, higher image detail, and a wider dynamic range between the brightest highlights and deepest shadows.
- Lightweight Carbon Fiber Polycarbonate Composite - The elegant design of the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera packs an incredible number of the high-end digital film features into a miniaturized, handheld design. Made from lightweight carbon fiber polycarbonate composite, the camera features a multifunction handgrip with all controls for recording, ISO, WB, and shutter angle right at your fingertips. Because it's an advanced digital film camera, the sensor is designed to reduce thermal noise allowing cleaner shadows and higher ISO.
- Multifunction Grip with Fingertip Controls - The multifunction handgrip features an ergonomic design that puts important functions such as ISO, WB, and shutter buttons at your fingertips. There’s even a scroll wheel under your index finger for making quick iris adjustments! Additional controls go beyond those found on a DSLR, which means you don’t have to go hunting through menus on a tiny screen to find a command! The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera features easy-to-reach recording and still buttons that are placed exactly where you expect, including user-assignable function keys allowing buttons for high frame rate, focus zoom, false color, and more.
- High-Resolution Cinematic Digital Film Sensor - The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K features a native sensor resolution of 4096 x 2160, while the 6K models have a native resolution of 6144 x 3456. Whether you’re shooting in bright sunlight or in almost no light at all, the 13 stops of dynamic range with dual native ISO up to 25,600 provide stunning low-noise images in all lighting conditions. Plus the 6K models feature a larger Super 35 sensor that allows shooting with a shallow depth of field and anamorphic lenses. All models let you shoot up to 60 fps in full resolution or 120 fps windowed.
- Compatible with Cinema and Photographic Lenses - With 3 models, you can choose between EF or MFT lenses, making Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera compatible with the largest range and most popular lenses in the world! You can use commonly available photographic lenses that provide incredible creative choice and wonderful feature film quality lens effects. The active lens mount lets you adjust focus and iris from the buttons on the camera or the touch screen. For even greater flexibility, the MFT lens mount on the 4K model can be adapted to PL, C, EF, or other lens types!
- Built-in ND Filters - The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K Pro features high-quality, motorized IR ND filters that let you quickly reduce the amount of light entering the camera. Designed to match the colorimetry and color science of the camera, the 2, 4, and 6-stop filters provide you with additional latitude even under harsh lighting. The IR filters have been designed to filter both optical and IR wavelengths evenly, eliminating IR contamination of the images.
- Shoot Incredible High Dynamic Range (HDR) Images - The distance between the lightest and the darkest parts of an image is called dynamic range and is measured in stops. Pocket Cinema Cameras have an incredible 13 stops of dynamic range which means they preserve more detail in the lightest and darkest areas of an image than simple video cameras can. This allows you to set the exposure for an indoor scene such as a cafe and still retain the details of bright outdoor light coming through a window. You also get more colors than the standard DCI-P3 colorspace used for feature films.
Figure 2: Dual Gain ISO
- Dual Gain ISO for Exceptional Low Light Performance - In digital film ISO is a measurement of the image sensor’s sensitivity to light. This means the higher the ISO number the more sensitive to light so it’s possible to shoot using natural light even at night! The Pocket Cinema Cameras feature dual gain ISO up to 25,600, which means they're optimized to minimize grain or noise in images while maintaining the full dynamic range of the sensor. The native ISO of 400 is ideal for scenes with on-set lighting. The secondary high base ISO of 3200 is perfect when shooting in dimly lit environments.
- Multiple Resolutions and Frame Rates - Depending on the model, the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera can shoot in all standard resolutions and frame rates from HD up to DCI 4K and even 6K. You can shoot stills at 21.2 megapixels on the 6K models and 8.8 megapixels on the 4K model. The 4K model, you can shoot up to 60 fps 4K DCI at 4096 x 2160 and 60 fps in Ultra HD at 3840 x 2160. You can even shoot 120 fps in 1080HD!
- Post Production Friendly File Formats - Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera records using standard open file formats so you don’t have to waste time transcoding media. Files are compatible with all post-production software so you can work with the software of your choice, or use the included DaVinci Resolve Studio. Recording works in industry-standard 10-bit Apple ProRes files in all formats up to 4K or 12-bit Blackmagic RAW in all formats up to 6K. Blackmagic RAW is the fastest-growing RAW format. Developers can download and use the free Blackmagic RAW SDK to add support to their applications.
- Use Standard SD Cards, UHS‑II, or CFast 2.0 Media - The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera features built-in CFast and SD UHS-II card recorders, and a USB-C expansion port for recording directly to an external media disk. You can use regular SD cards for HD or higher performance UHS-II and CFast cards for native 4K or 6K when using Blackmagic RAW. Imagine capturing over an hour of full-resolution 6K images on a single 256GB SD UHS-II card! The ProRes and Blackmagic RAW files work with all video software.
Figure 3: Touchscreen Camera 4K
- Touchscreen for Fast Setup - The large LCD touchscreen displays critical information on the heads-up display, or HUD, as well as access to camera setup menus. The HUD lets you see and adjust settings such as the frame rate, iris, timecode, shutter angle, white balance, ISO, audio levels, and more with a single tap. You can show or hide the HUD by simply swiping up or down. Adjust settings such as white balance simply by touching the WB indicator, or change the audio levels by touching the audio meters.
- Large 5" LCD Monitor - Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera features a large, bright 5-inch touchscreen that makes it easy for you to frame shots and accurately focus. That means you don’t have to carry around an external monitor! On-screen overlays show status and record parameters, histograms, focus peaking indicators, levels, frame guides, and more. You can quickly apply 3D LUTs for monitoring shots with the desired color and look.
- Powered by Blackmagic OS - With the advanced Blackmagic OS, you get an intuitive and user-friendly camera operating system based on the latest technology. Blackmagic OS is a truly modern operating system where all camera features run independently for smoother control, plus the camera powers on virtually instantly. It features the same controls and menus as other Blackmagic Design cameras so you can move between cameras on set easily. The interface uses simple taps and swipe gestures to adjust settings, add metadata, and view the recording status. You also get full control over advanced camera features such as on-screen focus and exposure tools, 3D LUTs, HDR, metadata entry, timecode, Blackmagic RAW settings, and more!
- Optional Viewfinder for Professional Shooting - The Pocket Cinema Camera 6K G2 and 6K Pro supports an optional viewfinder to make outdoor and handheld shooting accurate and easy! You get an integrated high-quality 1280 x 960 color OLED display with a built-in proximity sensor, and 4 element glass diopter for incredible accuracy with a wide -4 to +4 focus adjustment. A built-in digital focus chart ensures you get the perfect viewfinder focus setup. You can also view critical status information such as frame guides.
- 4 Built-in Microphones and Professional Audio Inputs - With professional, high-fidelity audio recording built in you'll never have to carry around a separate sound recorder again! Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Cameras feature a mini XLR input with 48 volts of phantom power for connecting professional microphones such as lapel mics and booms.
- Load Custom 3D LUTs to Recreate Film Looks - Digital film cameras shoot logarithmic colorspace to preserve the dynamic range, which is great for later post-production, however when these files are viewed on a monitor they can look flat and washed out. 3D LUTs solve this problem because they allow you to apply a "look" to the monitor so you get an idea of how the finished images will look when editing. LUTs can be applied temporarily for monitoring only, or they can be recorded into the Blackmagic RAW files for use in post-production. The Pocket Cinema Camera works with industry-standard 17 and 33-point 3D LUT files, or you can work with the built-in LUTs such as Extended Video, Film to Video, Film to Rec.2020, and more.
- USB-C for Recording Direct to External Media Disks - The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera features an innovative and high-speed USB-C Expansion Port that operates at up to 5 Gb/s. USB-C is available on most new computers and even provides power. That means you can connect external accessories such as flash drives and SSDs for significantly longer recording times. A high-speed external disk allows shooting 6K in the highest constant quality 12-bit Blackmagic RAW in the Q0 setting or at high frame rates. Best of all, when shooting is complete you can simply move the external disk to your computer and start editing and color correction from the same disk, eliminating file copying.
- Built-In Timecode Generator - Professional cameras include professional features and you also get a built-in timecode generator, allowing shooting with more than one camera while keeping perfect sync! Simply plug in an external timecode generator such as Tentacle Sync into the 3.5 mm audio jack and the camera will automatically detect the timecode and lock the internal generator.
- Wireless Bluetooth Camera Remote Control - If you're positioning the camera on the end of a boom, or in another hard-to-reach location, you can get full control via Bluetooth from up to 30 feet away. You can download the Blackmagic Camera Control app for your iPad or use third-party apps such as Bluetooth+ or tRigger on your iOS and Android devices. There’s even a free developer SDK with sample code available from the Blackmagic Design developer website, so you can create your own remote camera control and digital slate solutions!
Figure 4: Supported Languages
- Localized in 13 Popular Languages - The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera is designed to be used worldwide and supports 13 different languages! It’s easy to switch to another language so you can share your camera with other crew when traveling to locations worldwide! When you switch languages, all on-screen overlays, setup menus, and monitoring information will be displayed in the selected language.
- Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 4K
- DaVinci Resolve Studio Activation Key
- Canon LP-E6 Type Battery
- 30W Power Supply with International Adapters
- Dust Cap
- Limited Warranty