A Handy-Holdable Sigma Lens that Empowers your Photography Vision, Anytime, Anywhere!
The Sigma 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS Contemporary Lens (Sony E Mount) is an ultra-telephoto zoom lens that invites you to take it with you on casual outings. The state-of-art optical design technology ensures edge-to-edge high-resolution and high-contrast image quality throughout its entire focal range. This new lens achieves high image quality that rivals that of standard zoom lenses such as the SIGMA 24-70mm F2.8 DG DN | Art, ensuring a perfect match with these lenses while shooting.
As part of the Contemporary line within Sigma's Global Vision series, this lens is designed to achieve a balance between convenience and performance and meshes a compact, lightweight build and versatile handling with notable optical attributes. Whether you are currently considering trying a telephoto lens or already are a telephoto lens connoisseur, this lens is a “light and enjoyable ultra-telephoto zoom lens” that will provide great value and a variety of styles to your shooting experience.
- SIGMA's 5th DG DN lens with an exclusive new design for full-frame mirrorless cameras - With the optics design specifically for a camera with a short flange back distance, the DG DN series of lenses achieves a supreme combination of optical performance and compactness that could not have been possible with lenses for single-lens reflex cameras. Thanks to the stepping motor system that is optimized for both phase-detection AF and contrast AF, the lens makes shooting with the video or eye-tracking AF very smooth.
- Mount with Dust and Splash Resistant Structure - The mount features a special sealing to make the lens an excellent choice in a wide variety of conditions.
- Rounded diaphragm - The 9-blade rounded diaphragm creates an attractive blur in the out-of-focus areas of the image.
- Designed to minimize flare and ghosting - SIGMA’s Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting to help photographers produce sharp and high-contrast images even in backlit conditions.
- Uncompromising image quality - Built on the latest optical design technology and optimized for mirrorless systems, the new lens ensures the same high-resolution image quality all the way to the edges. In addition, it constantly achieves high levels of optical performance and makes the most of its capabilities as a zoom lens in any condition, at every focal length from wide to telephoto, and from close-up shots to telephoto photography.
- A full range of functionalities that enables smooth and easy ultra-telephoto shooting - When combined with a camera body with image stabilization built in, the lens corrects for pitch and yaw axis rotations, providing even more powerful image stabilization.
- Lightweight & Compact lens body - It is not merely about weight reduction, but the lens is durable, with careful selections to utilize the right materials in the right place. For instance, magnesium alloy is used for the part where a tripod socket is attached, which needs to be very strong.
- High-precision, rugged brass bayonet mount - The brass mount combines high precision with rugged construction. Its treated surfaces and enhanced strength contribute to the exceptional durability of the lens.
- Compatible with Lens Aberration Correction - Matching the optical characteristics of the lens, this function performs in-camera corrections of peripheral illumination, chromatic aberrations, distortion, and more, to further enhance image quality.
|Lens Construction||22 elements in 16 groups|
|Angle of View||24.4° - 6.2°|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||9 (Rounded diaphragm)|
|Minimum Aperture||F22 - 29|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||112(W) - 160(T)cm|
|Maximum Magnification Ratio||1:4.1(400mm)|
|Dimensions (Diameter × Length)||
φ86.0mm x 199.2mm / φ3.4in. x 7.8in.
*The length of a lens is measured from the filter surface to its mount.
|Weight||1,140g / 40.2oz. (PROTECTIVE COVER PT-31 included)|
|Supplied Accessories||Hood (LH770-05), PROTECTIVE COVER PT-31 supplied|
- Sigma 100-400mm f/5-6.3 DG DN OS Contemporary Lens for Sony E
- Sigma LCF-67 III 67mm Lens Cap
- Sigma LCR II Rear Lens Cap for Sony E
- Sigma LH770-05 Lens Hood
- Sigma PT-31 Protective Cover
- Limited Warranty