Introducing the Newly Developed High-Performance Lens Series for Full-Frame Mirrorless Cameras!
The Sigma 14-24mm F2.8 Art DG DN Art Lens for Sony E Mount is an ultra-wide angle zoom lens designed for full-frame mirrorless cameras and available in the Leica L and Sony E mounts, the latter working on Leica, Panasonic, and Sigma L-mount bodies. Like other 14-24mm lenses, it delivers wide to ultra-wide coverage that’s ideal for dramatic urban and natural landscapes, while maintaining a bright and constant f2.8 focal ratio across the range.
This lens demonstrates the virtues of optical designs which are optimized for the shorter flange distances of mirrorless cameras: it is optically better in almost every aspect than its DSLR sibling and loses more than 300g in weight. Its optical performance is almost flawless with a slight loss of contrast at 24mm, f2.8 in the center from haloing/blooming. But that doesn't prevent the lens from coming as highly recommended! Let’s hope that Sigma soon is able to offer their new lens with Nikon Z-mount and Canon RF-mount too.
- SIGMA’s unique coating technology Nano Porous Coating - “NPC (Nano Porous Coating)” incorporates porous silica as the coating material. The porous silica layer has nano-sized holes with air inside. Having holes of this size enables a large reduction in the refractive index, allowing the reflectance to be lowered more than with conventional anti-reflective coatings. As a result, reflected light causing flares and ghosting is sharply reduced, achieving clear image quality.
- Designed to minimize flare and ghosting - SIGMA’s Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting to help photographers produce sharp and high-contrast images even in backlit conditions.
- High-precision, rugged brass bayonet mount - The brass mount combines high precision with rugged construction. Its treated surfaces and enhanced strength contribute to the exceptional durability of the lens.
- Substantial functions enable user confidence, even in tough environments - Shooting is comfortable even in target AF such as Face/Eye Detection AF, and during video shooting. The AFL button which can be assigned various functions widens the range of operations available on the lens. Furthermore, the lens features a dust and splash-resistant structure, along with a water- and oil-repellent coating on the frontmost surface of the lens, which further supports shooting in various environments.
- Rear filter holder as a standard accessory - The lens comes with a rear filter holder equipped with a fall prevention lock for attaching sheet-type rear filters for shooting starry skies.
- Rounded diaphragm - The 11-blade rounded diaphragm creates an attractive blur in the out-of-focus areas of the image.
- Compatible with Lens Aberration Correction - Matching the optical characteristics of the lens, this function performs in-camera corrections of peripheral illumination, chromatic aberrations, distortion, and more, to further enhance image quality.
|Lens Construction||18 elements in 13 groups|
|Angle of View||114.2 - 84.1°|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||11 (Rounded diaphragm)|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||28cm / 11in.|
|Maximum Magnification Ratio||1:7.3|
|Dimensions (Diameter × Length)||
L-Mount φ85.0mm × 131.0mm / φ3.3in. × 5.2in.
*The length of a lens is measured from the filter surface to its mount.
|Weight||L-Mount 795g / 28.0oz.|
|Supplied Accessories||Case and Cover Lens Cap(LC850-01) supplied.|
- Sigma 14-24mm f/2.8 DG DN Art Lens for Leica L
- Sigma LC850-01 Cover Lens Cap for 14-24mm f/2.8 DG DN Art Lens
- Sigma LCR II Rear Lens Cap for Leica L
- Lens Case
- Limited Warranty