Adept at working in low-light conditions, the Sigma 16mm F1.4 DC DN Contemporary Lens (Canon EF-M Mount) offers a 32mm focal length (35mm equivalent) with the same f-number of 1.4. This is the large-diameter wide-angle lens for which mirrorless camera users have been waiting! The lens is characterized by its bright f/1.4 maximum aperture and features a lens structure with 16 elements in 13 groups and includes the finest materials.
In terms of performance, this lens is adept at working in low-light conditions and also affords increased control over the depth of field for selective focus control. Developed to feature a lightweight, compact package for everyday use, SIGMA DN lenses for mirrorless cameras deliver superior performance covering the key focal lengths. This lens effectively minimizes optical aberrations and offers superb resolution at wide-open aperture and throughout the aperture range. The optical design and stepping motor deliver smooth autofocus during video shooting, while the mount features a special sealing for a dust and splash-resistant structure.
- A new system for mirrorless cameras - Released in 2016 as the first of a new series of prime lenses for mirrorless cameras, the 30mm F1.4 DC DN | Contemporary combined F1.4 brightness with top-level optical performance.
- A member of the high-performance Contemporary line, featuring SIGMA’s latest technologies - The special design of the focus lens group allows fast and smooth AF performance for videography and more. This lens combines a compact design and comfortable operation while prioritizing outstanding image quality. Featuring SIGMA’s latest technologies, this lens digitally corrects optical distortion.
- The stepping motor delivers excellent autofocus with quiet performance - The lens design fully accommodates the Fast Hybrid AF of Sony E-mount cameras for super-fast autofocus functionality. Using face recognition AF results in consistent autofocusing on faces, even as the subjects move.
- Combining compactness with outstanding optical performance - The lens features SIGMA’s inner focus technologies, while lighter lens elements in the focus lens group make possible a more compact actuator. Moreover, this lens offers outstanding stability whether the photographer is shooting handheld or has the camera placed on a surface.
- Large lens hood (supplied) to keep out harmful rays - The lens hood cuts harmful rays that can negatively affect photographs while also minimizing reflectivity within the hood itself.
- High-precision, rugged brass bayonet mount - The brass mount combines high precision with rugged construction. Its treated surfaces and enhanced strength contribute to the exceptional durability of the lens.
- Mount with Dust and Splash Resistant Structure - The mount features a special sealing* for a dust and splash-resistant structure to make the lens an excellent choice in a wide variety of conditions.
- Designed to minimize flare and ghosting - SIGMA’s Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting to help photographers produce sharp and high-contrast images even in backlit conditions. The included lens hood can be attached to block out extraneous light, which can have a negative effect on rendering performance.
- Bright prime functionality to experience photography at its best - Simply select a focal length that matches the image and enjoy complete control of the depth of field.
- Rounded diaphragm - The 9-blade rounded diaphragm creates an attractive blur in the out-of-focus areas of the image.
|Lens Construction||16 elements in 13 groups|
|Angle of View||79.9°|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||9 (rounded diaphragm)|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||
25cm / 9.8in.
|Maximum Magnification Ratio||
|Dimensions (Diameter × Length)||
φ72.2mm × 92.3mm / φ2.8in. × 3.6in.
405g / 14.3oz.
Petal type lens hood（LH716-01) supplied
- Sigma 16mm F1.4 DC DN Contemporary Lens (Canon EF-M Mount)
- Sigma LCF-67 III 67mm Lens Cap
- Sigma LCR II Rear Lens Cap for Canon EF-M
- Sigma Petal-Type Lens Hood for 16mm f/1.4 DC DN Lens
- Limited Warranty