To solve the dilemma of photographers who often need to change the angle of view to properly capture the scenes, SIGMA introduces the Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM Art Lens for Nikon F, the next-generation large-aperture APS-C format standard zoom lens for digital SLR cameras. Distinguished by a uniquely fast and versatile design, this lens is an Art-series zoom featuring an exceedingly bright f/1.8 constant maximum aperture which is suitable working in difficult lighting conditions.
Furthermore, SIGMA has succeeded in creating a zoom lens that offers the same high optical performance as a fixed focal length lens. These performance characteristics are especially apparent in an APS-C format camera since it has a slightly greater depth of focus than a full-frame camera. And most importantly, this lens can give you the satisfaction you have been looking for on a lens!
- Rounded diaphragm - When photographing with point light sources such as electric lights or reflections on a body of water in the background, the rounded 9-blade diaphragm helps produce an attractive bokeh effect—even at large-aperture settings.
- TSC (Thermally Stable Composite) - A first for the industry, the barrel of the lens features a new TSC (Thermally Stable Composite) that offers minimal thermal shrinkage combined with exceptional hardness. It also offers 25% greater elasticity than polycarbonate. Since its thermal shrinkage is low, TSC matches well with metal parts, further contributing to the high-precision construction of the lens. TSC also makes possible slimmer forms for parts like zoom rings and scaling rings.
- HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) - Delivers high AF speed and extremely quiet performance. An optimized algorithm offers even smoother automatic focusing, and full-time manual focus override is another key feature.
- Incorporating an Inner Focus system - The lens incorporates a rear focus system that prevents focus-dependent variation in aberration, making high-level image quality possible throughout the entire image. With their unchanging barrel length, these lenses also enhance balance and stability for the photographer. Furthermore, since the front of the lens does not rotate, polarizing filters can be used with extra convenience.
- Flare and ghosting reduction - SIGMA’s Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting to help photographers produce sharp and high-contrast images even in backlit conditions. The included lens hood can be attached to block out extraneous light, which can have a negative effect on rendering performance.
- High-precision, rugged brass bayonet mount - The brass mount combines high precision with rugged construction. Its treated surfaces and enhanced strength contribute to the exceptional durability of the lens.
- Super Multi-Layer Coating - In digital cameras, flare and ghosting may also be caused by reflections between the image sensor and lens surfaces. Here too, SIGMA’s Super Multi-Layer Coating is highly effective, assuring images of outstanding contrast.
|Lens Construction||17 elements in 12 groups|
|Angle of View||76.5°-44.2°|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||9 (rounded diaphragm)|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||
|Maximum Magnification Ratio||
|Dimensions (Diameter × Length)||
φ78mm × 121mm / φ3.1in. × 4.8in.
*The length of a lens is measured from the filter surface to its mount.
810g / 28.6oz.
Case and Petal Type Lens Hood (LH780-06) included
- Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM Art Lens for Nikon F
- Sigma Lens Cap
- Sigma Rear Lens Cap
- Sigma Lens Hood
- Sigma Lens Case
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
- Limited 3-Year U.S.A. Warranty Extension