A large F2.8 aperture zoom lens ideal for wide range of photo and video applications, the Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 DC DN Contemporary Lens (Leica L Mount) is an exceptionally small and light form factor that weighs less than 300g making it perfect as the first interchangeable lens, and as a sub-lens for full-frame bodies, as well as for various shooting situations. It features a rounded 7-blade diaphragm which creates an attractive blur to out-of-focus areas of the image and an internal focusing mechanism which means the lens barrel doesn't move. This lens has a minimum focusing distance of 12.1cm / 4.8" with a maximum magnification ratio of 1:2.8 at the 18mm focal length.
In addition, this lens uses a stepping motor for fast, quiet, and precise auto-focusing and full-time manual focus override is also possible. It has a versatile full-frame equivalent zoom range of 27-75mm, which makes it ideal for a wide range of photo and video applications including landscapes, portraits, street photography, architecture, and events. It can also be used for macro-style close-up photography owing to its maximum magnification of 1:2.8, which allows a minimum focusing distance of just 12.1 cm.
- Large F2.8 aperture and superb image quality - It has a wide aperture of F2.8 throughout the entire zoom range which makes it easy to achieve blurry backgrounds, ideal for shooting attractive portraits and close-ups.
- Exceptionally compact and lightweight body ideal for mirrorless cameras - The Sigma lens is remarkably compact, matching the portability of APS-C mirrorless camera bodies which makes it a perfect workhorse lens that is ideal for general day-to-day use.
- Supports various shooting situations - It has fast and near-silent AF that makes it perfectly suited to a range of photographic applications, including shooting in quiet environments, recording videos, and capturing fast-moving subjects.
- Stepping motor - Capable of smooth, quiet, and high-speed AF made possible by a stepping motor, as well as supports Face/Eye Detection AF and video AF.
- Super Multi-Layer Coating - Suppresses flare and ghosting by preventing reflections within the lens.
- Mount with Dust and Splash Resistant Structure - The lens mount incorporates rubber sealing to protect the mount from dust and water drops.
- Compatible with high-speed autofocus
- 7-blade rounded diaphragm
- High-precision, durable brass bayonet mount
|Lens Construction||10 groups, 13 elements (1 SLD and 3 aspherical lenses)|
|Angle of View||76.5° (W -31.7° (T）|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||7 (rounded diaphragm)|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||
12.1 (W -30 (T) cm / 4.8 (W -11.9 (T) in.
|Maximum Magnification Ratio||
1:2.8 (W -1:5 (T）
|Dimensions (Diameter × Length)||
φ65.4mm×74.5mm / φ2.6in.×2.9in.
290g / 10.2oz.
Petal Type Hood (LH582-02) supplied
- Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8 DC DN Contemporary Lens for Leica L
- Sigma LCF-55 III 55mm Lens Cap
- Sigma Lens Hood for 18-50mm f/2.8 DC DN Contemporary Lens
- Sigma LCR II Rear Lens Cap
- Limited Warranty