A Large F2.8 Aperture Zoom Lens Ideal for Wide Range of Photo and Video Applications, this Sigma Lens will not Disappoint You!
The Sigma 28-70mm F2.8 DG DN Contemporary Lens (Leica L Mount) redefines the standard zoom for mirrorless cameras by combining outstanding optical performance, an F2.8 constant aperture, and a lightweight and compact body. The design of this lens is based on the existing 24-70mm F2.8 DG DN | Art, but with a focal range starting at 28mm, making the lens body significantly smaller and lighter while maintaining superb optical performance.
The design suits working in available lighting conditions while affording increased control over the depth of field. More lightweight and compact than similar 24-70mm lenses, its optical design incorporates two FLD and two SLD low-dispersion elements plus three aspherical elements that reduce a variety of aberrations to achieve high sharpness, enhance clarity, and improve color accuracy. In terms of overall performance, it introduces another fast, high-performance, large-aperture zoom lens to SIGMA’s mirrorless line-up, offering a more compact alternative to the existing 24-70mm F2.8 DG DN | Art.
- Design based on SIGMA’s Art line, with the same uncompromising optical performance - True to the Contemporary line’s core concept, the 28-70mm F2.8 DG DN | Contemporary was developed to offer the right balance of performance and portability, and as such, this large-aperture standard zoom delivers outstanding image quality that rivals Art line lenses in a body light enough for day-to-day use.
- Inner focus system - To increase stability, this lens configuration uses movable internal lens elements that adjust focus without changing the length of the lens barrel.
- A lightweight and compact body ― ideal for day-to-day use - In order to fit with the design concept of the Contemporary line, which balances performance with portability, the new lens features simpler dust and splash-resistant structure and smaller switches. This makes it the smallest and lightest lens in its class.
- Superb build quality with exceptional attention to detail that provides an exceptional user experience - With priority given to optimal portability, the body of this lens consists primarily of lightweight parts. While conventional wisdom states that it is more difficult to ensure processing accuracy for plastic parts than metal parts, there has been no compromise whatsoever on build quality for the 28-70mm F2.8 DG DN | Contemporary.
- Stepping Motor - The lens is capable of smooth, quiet, and high-speed AF made possible by a stepping motor, as well as supports Face/Eye Detection AF and video AF.
- Nano Porous Coating - “NPC (Nano Porous Coating)” incorporates porous silica as the coating material. The porous silica layer has nano-sized holes with air inside. Having holes of this size enables a large reduction in the refractive index, allowing the reflectance to be lowered more than with conventional anti-reflective coatings. As a result, reflected light causing flares and ghosting is sharply reduced, achieving clear image quality.
- Super Multi-Layer Coating - SIGMA’s own Super Multi-Layer Coating suppresses flare and ghosting by preventing reflections within the lens. All lenses in the current SIGMA range feature this original technology.
- Water and oil-repellent coating - Incorporates water and oil-repellent coating that allows water to be wiped away easily and prevents oil and fat from sticking to the surface, even in challenging shooting conditions. At the same time, the maintenance of the lens surface becomes easier.
- Focus Mode Switch - Using this switch, it is possible to switch the focus mode between AF and MF.
- Mount with Dust and Splash Resistant Structure - The lens mount incorporates rubber sealing to protect the mount from dust and water drops.
- Designed to minimize flare and ghosting
- Every single lens undergoes SIGMA’s proprietary MTF measuring system “A1”
- 9-blade rounded diaphragm
- High-precision, durable brass bayonet mount
|Lens Construction||12 groups, 16 elements (2 FLD elements, 2 SLD elements, 3 aspherical elements)|
|Angle of View||75.4°~34.3°|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||9 (rounded diaphragm)|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||
19 (W)-38 (T)cm / 7.5(W)-15 (T)in.
|Maximum Magnification Ratio||
1:3.3 (W) - 1:4.6 (T)
|Dimensions (Diameter × Length)||
φ72.2mm×101.5mm / φ2.8in.×4.0in.
470g / 16.6oz.
Lens Hood (LH706-01) supplied
- Sigma 28-70mm f/2.8 DG DN Contemporary Lens for Leica L
- Sigma LCF-67 III 67mm Lens Cap
- Sigma LCR II Rear Lens Cap for Leica L
- LH706-01 Lens Hood
- Limited Warranty