Compact, lightweight, and with excellent image quality, the Sigma 56mm F1.4 DC DN Contemporary Lens for MFT provide the amount of bokeh and admirable brightness expected from F1.4 lenses even in the mid-tele range. This lens is characterized by its bright f/1.4 maximum aperture, which suits working in difficult lighting conditions and also offers improved control over depth of field for isolating subjects and working with selective focus techniques. It completes the large aperture series comprised of portable wide-angle, standard, and telephoto lenses.
- Smooth AF ideal for video shooting - The combination of optical design for video AF and the use of the stepping motor enables smooth and quiet autofocus. This lens is also compatible with the Sony E-mount Fast Hybrid AF, achieving precise AF tracking. By using the face recognition or eye AF functions of cameras, the focus will continuously be on the face or the eye even if the subject moves during the shoot.
- High-precision, rugged brass bayonet mount - The brass mount combines high precision with rugged construction. Its treated surfaces and enhanced strength contribute to the exceptional durability of the lens.
- Mount with Dust and Splash Resistant Structure - The mount features a special sealing* to make the lens an excellent choice in a wide variety of conditions.
- Designed to minimize flare and ghosting - SIGMA’s Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting to help photographers produce sharp and high-contrast images even in backlit conditions. The included lens hood can be attached to block out extraneous light, which can have a negative effect on rendering performance.
- Three F1.4 AF lens system for APS-C Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras - The lens benefits from an open aperture of F1.4 to achieve a sufficient amount of bokeh and admirable brightness even with APS-C size cameras which tend to have smaller bokeh effects compared to 35mm full-size systems.
- Rounded diaphragm - The 9-blade rounded diaphragm creates an attractive blur in the out-of-focus areas of the image.
|Lens Construction||10 elements in 6 groups|
|Angle of View||21.9°|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||9 (rounded diaphragm)|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||
50cm / 19.7in.
|Maximum Magnification Ratio||
|Dimensions (Diameter × Length)||
φ66.5mm × 58.1mm / φ2.6in. × 2.3in.
*The length of a lens is measured from the filter surface to its mount.
256g / 9.0oz.
Lens Hood (LH582-01) supplied
- Sigma 56mm F1.4 DC DN Contemporary Lens for MFT
- Sigma Lens Cap
- Sigma Rear Lens Cap
- Sigma Lens Hood
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
- Limited 3-Year U.S.A. Warranty Extension