Ultimate lens for portrait photography, the Sigma 85mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Lens for Sigma SA offers a super-fast f/1.4 aperture that is great for getting images with an attractive bokeh effect that large-diameter lenses offer, as well as outstanding resolution. The bokeh effect is so precise, you can focus on the pupil of the subject’s eye while blurring the eyelashes and the area in focus is extremely high-resolution while the bokeh area is very attractive in appearance.
The 85mm lens uses two SLD elements, one anomalous partial dispersion/high-refractive index element, and one aspherical element that minimize aberrations and ensures a crisp, clear image. It incorporates 14 lens elements in 12 groups, a remarkable structure that helps the lens deliver ultra-high resolution. This lens is therefore an excellent match for full-frame DSLRs offering 50-megapixel or higher resolution.
- Designed to minimize flare and ghosting - SIGMA’s Super Multi-Layer Coating helps further reduce flare and ghosting and provides sharp, high-contrast images even in backlit conditions.
- Newly designed HSM for nimble AF controls - The newly designed Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM) offers 1.3 times the torque of its predecessor. Even at low speeds, it offers exceptionally stable performance, and the updated AF algorithm helps ensure nimble autofocus performance. In addition, a full-time manual focus override allows the lens to be switched to manual focus simply by rotating the focus ring—even during continuous AF. The user can quickly find the perfect focus without needing to touch the focus mode switch. *The operation of full-time MF may vary based on mount type.
- Mount with Dust and Splash Resistant Structure - The lens mount incorporates rubber sealing to protect the mount from dust and water drops.
- High-precision, rugged brass bayonet mount - The brass mount combines high precision with rugged construction. Its treated surfaces and enhanced strength contribute to the exceptional durability of the lens.
- Rounded diaphragm - The 9-blade rounded diaphragm creates an attractive blur in the out-of-focus areas of the image.
- Super Multi-Layer Coating - In digital cameras, flare, and ghosting may also be caused by reflections between the image sensor and lens surfaces. Here too, SIGMA’s Super Multi-Layer Coating is highly effective, assuring images of outstanding contrast.
- Exclusive low-dispersion glass - Most chromatic aberration can be removed by combining a high-refractivity convex lens element with a low-refractivity concave element. Yet residual chromatic aberration known as “secondary spectrum” may still remain. To minimize this secondary spectrum, which can be a serious issue with conventional lenses, SIGMA lenses feature up to three types of exclusive low-dispersion glass offering superior performance: ELD (Extraordinary Low Dispersion), SLD (Special Low Dispersion) and FLD (“F” Low Dispersion). In particular, FLD glass offers ultra-low dispersion in combination with high transmittance and the anomalous dispersion characteristics of fluorite.
|Lens Construction||14 elements in 12 groups|
|Angle of View||28.6°|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||9 (rounded diaphragm)|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||
85cm / 33.5in.
|Maximum Magnification Ratio||
|Dimensions (Diameter × Length)||
Φ94.7mm × 126.2mm / Φ3.7in. × 5.0in.
*The length of a lens is measured from the filter surface to its mount.
1,130g / 39.9oz.
Case, Petal Hood (LH927-02) supplied
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Lens for Sigma SA
- Sigma Rear Lens Cap
- Sigma Lens Cap
- Sigma Lens Hood
- Sigma Lens Case
- Limited Warranty