Ideal for Boom-Pole Applications, this Azden Mic is Great Tool for Recording Sound with High Levels of Background Noise!
The Azden Professional Hypercardioid Shotgun Microphone is a durable, high-performance mic designed for indie film and TV location recording. The SGM-250H can deliver ultralow noise and a highly directional pickup pattern that rejects a significant amount of extraneous noise from the sides while maintaining true-to-life quality sound with a hypercardioid electret capsule, and an extra-long interference tube.
Pickup the sound you want
The SGM-250H is ideal for boom-pole applications, and a great tool for recording sound in an environment with high levels of background noise.
With a focused hypercardioid pickup pattern, the SGM-250H can help you optimize your recordings by producing a better signal-to-noise ratio and thereby helping you capture more articulate intelligible dialogue.
Mitigate noise with a low-cut filter
An extra tool for combatting low-frequency noise, when engaged the switchable low-cut filter will roll-off frequency response below 75 Hz at the rate of 3 dB per octave.
Proudly handcrafted in Japan
Azden backs this craftsmanship with an incredible 10 Year Warranty, so you may shop with confidence that this microphone is built to last for years to come.
Available custom furry windshield
Azden provides two custom options for wind protection on the SGM-250H. The SWS-100 has a dense foam core and a furry outer lining for maximum buffering, while the SWS-H (coming soon) is a custom furry cover that slips over the existing foam windshield for a more affordable option.
Part of Azden's Ni-Go-Maru Series
Affectionately known in Japan as “Ni-Go-Maru” (Japanese for “250”), the Azden 250 Series is a collection of professional XLR shotgun microphones, each designed with a particular video application in mind.
- For Film, TV, and Location Recording
- Hypercardioid Polar Pattern
- Switchable High-Pass Filter at 75 Hz
- Requires 48V Phantom Power
- Flat 20 Hz to 20 kHz Frequency Response
- Extra-Long Interference Tube
- Brass/Aluminum Alloy for RF Resistance
- Gold-Plated XLR Connector
- Includes Windscreen, Mic Clip & Pouch
- Freq. Response: 20 Hz – 20 kHz
- Low-Cut Filter: Selectable @ 75 Hz / 3 dB per Octave
- Polar Pattern: Hypercardioid
- Dynamic Range: 114 dB
- Sensitivity: 35 dB
- Impedance:100 Ohms
- Max Input SPL: 132 dB SPL (1 kHz @ 1% T.H.D.)
- S/N Ratio:76 dB (1 kHz @ 1 Pa)
- Power Requirement: 11 – 50 V
- PhantomOutput: Gold-plated 3-pin XLR
- Dimensions:250 mm x Φ21 mm (9.84″x 0.83″) (L x D)
- Weight: 110 g (3.9 oz)
- Accessories: mic clip, foam windscreen, carrying pouch
- Azden Professional Hypercardioid Shotgun Microphone
- Mic Clip
- Foam Windscreen
- Leatherette Zippered Carrying Pouch
- Limited 2-Year Warranty, Extended to 10-Years with Registration