Perfect for high-resolution digital cameras, Sigma introduces the Sigma 12-24mm F4.0 DG HSM Art Lens for Sigma SA that offers an optimal package of center-to-edge image quality, minimized distortion, and minimum focusing distance. And to achieve these qualities without compromise, SIGMA has leveraged its lens design expertise and all of its leading-edge technologies.
Furthermore, this lens is an ultra-wide-angle Art-series zoom lens, characterized by its advanced design to greatly reduce distortion for a high degree of sharpness. A series of low dispersion and aspherical elements minimize both chromatic and spherical aberrations throughout the zoom range in order to achieve high clarity and color accuracy. Advanced materials such as low-dispersion glass play a crucial role, while SIGMA’s advanced lens processing methods have made possible an aspherical lens of huge diameter.
- Exclusive low-dispersion glass - To minimize this secondary spectrum, which can be a serious issue with conventional lenses, SIGMA lenses feature up to three types of exclusive low-dispersion glass offering superior performance: ELD (Extraordinary Low Dispersion), SLD (Special Low Dispersion) and FLD (“F” Low Dispersion). In particular, FLD glass offers ultra-low dispersion in combination with high transmittance and the anomalous dispersion characteristics of fluorite. Meticulous deployment of these types of exclusive low-dispersion glass and optimization of power distribution gives SIGMA lenses superlative image rendition undiminished by residual chromatic aberration.
- Flare and ghosting reduction - SIGMA’s Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting to help photographers produce sharp and high-contrast images even in backlit conditions.
- An ⌀80mm aspherical lens - The largest in this lens class The SIGMA 12-24mm F4 DG HSM |Art features an ⌀80mm large-diameter molded glass aspherical lens—the largest such element in this class of lens. This lens is highly effective in minimizing distortion, spherical aberration, and coma flare.
- Newly designed HSM for nimble AF control - The newly designed Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM) is large, and offers 1.3 times the torque of its predecessor. Even at low speeds, it offers exceptionally stable performance.
- Minimum focusing distance of 24cm* - Leveraging the incredibly broad perspective of an ultra-wide-angle lens, photographers can compose close-up shots with impressively expansive backgrounds.
- Mount with Dust and Splash Resistant Structure - The lens mount incorporates rubber sealing to protect the mount from dust and water drops. The front lens feature a water- and oil-repellent coating that is particularly useful when shooting in a drizzle, near ocean spray, and in a wide variety of other conditions.
- F4 brightness throughout the zoom range - With F4 throughout the zoom range, this lens is one stop brighter than conventional lenses. Photographers can now use a higher shutter speed that will crisply capture leaves fluttering in the breeze and other quick-moving subjects. A constant aperture during zooming also makes this lens exceptionally easy to use.
- New material TSC (Thermally Stable Composite) - To ensure precise operation, internal parts feature generous use of metal and TSC (Thermally Stable Composite), which is highly compatible with metal parts.
- Rounded diaphragm - The 9-blade rounded diaphragm creates an attractive blur in the out-of-focus areas of the image.
- High-precision, rugged brass bayonet mount - The brass mount combines high precision with rugged construction. Its treated surfaces and enhanced strength contribute to the exceptional durability of the lens.
|Lens Construction||16 elements in 11 groups|
|Angle of View||122.0°-84.1°|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||9 (rounded diaphragm)|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||
24cm* / 9.4in. *At 24mm end of the zoom range
|Maximum Magnification Ratio||
|Dimensions (Diameter × Length)||
φ102.0mm × 131.5mm / φ4.0in. × 5.2in.
*The length of a lens is measured from the filter surface to its mount.
1,150g / 40.6oz.
Case, Cover Lens Cap
- Sigma 12-24mm F4.0 DG HSM Art Lens for Sigma SA
- Sigma Rear Lens Cap
- Sigma Cover Lens Cap
- Sigma Soft Padded Lens Case
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
- Limited 3-Year U.S.A. Warranty Extension