Portable, durable, and high-standard, the Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sports Lens for Nikon F is a high-performance hyper-telephoto zoom lens from the Sports line offering outstanding rendering capabilities. Its versatility provides better flexibility for wider shooting scenes, and the high performance definitely stimulates photographers’ artistic expression.
The 150-600mm lens is fully customizable allowing the photographer to create their own specification. It is an ideal choice for photographing many different subjects; birds, wild animals, airplanes, motorsports, and even portraits. And SIGMA’s exclusive software makes the lens extremely easy to customize.
- Two FLD Elements, Three SLD Elements - This lens incorporates 2 FLD (“F” Low Dispersion) glass elements, which have performance equal to fluorite and 3 SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass elements, and compensates for color aberration at the utmost. Chromatic aberration in particular, which could be visible especially towards the telephoto end even when stopped down, is corrected by the optimized design of glass elements including FLD lenses.
- Flare and ghosting reduction - SIGMA’s Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting to help photographers produce sharp and high-contrast images even in backlit conditions.
- Rounded diaphragm - When photographing with point light sources such as electric lights or reflections on a body of water in the background, the rounded 9-blade diaphragm helps produce an attractive bokeh effect – even at large-aperture settings.
- Newly designed Tele Converters - The newly designed Sigma Tele Converter is compatible with digital cameras, and when mounted between the lens and the camera body, it can increase the focal length of the lens by the power of 1.4 while Sigma Tele Converter TC-2001 can increase the focal length of the lens by the power of 2.
- Super Multi-Layer Coating - SIGMA’s own Super Multi-Layer Coating suppresses flare and ghosting by preventing reflections within the lens. All lenses in the current SIGMA range feature this original technology. In digital cameras, flare, and ghosting may also be caused by reflections between the image sensor and lens surfaces. Here too, SIGMA’s Super Multi-Layer Coating is highly effective, assuring images of outstanding contrast.
- Hyper Sonic Motor AF System - An original SIGMA development that uses ultrasonic waves to drive the autofocus mechanism. Its extremely quiet operation helps avoid disturbing photographic subjects. High torque and speed assure rapid autofocus response. SIGMA uses two types of HSM: ring HSM and micro HSM. The Ring HSM configuration permits manual fine-tuning of focus (manual override) by turning the focusing ring after autofocus is complete.
- Exclusive low-dispersion glass - Most chromatic aberration can be removed by combining a high-refractivity convex lens element with a low-refractivity concave element. Yet residual chromatic aberration known as “secondary spectrum” may still remain. To minimize this secondary spectrum, which can be a serious issue with conventional lenses, SIGMA lenses feature up to three types of exclusive low-dispersion glass offering superior performance: ELD (Extraordinary Low Dispersion), SLD (Special Low Dispersion) and FLD (“F” Low Dispersion). In particular, FLD glass offers ultra-low dispersion in combination with high transmittance and the anomalous dispersion characteristics of fluorite.
|Lens Construction||24 elements in 16 groups|
|Angle of View||16.4° - 4.1°|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||9 (rounded diaphragm)|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||
260cm / 102.4in.
|Maximum Magnification Ratio||
|Dimensions (Diameter × Length)||
ø121mm × 290.2mm / ø4.8in. × 11.4in.
*The length of a lens is measured from the filter surface to its mount.
Case, Cover Hood (LH1164-01), Shoulder Strap Supplied
- Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sports Lens for Nikon F
- Sigma Rear Lens Cap
- Sigma Soft Cap
- Sigma Lens Hood
- Sigma Lens Case
- Shoulder Strap