With astonishing rendering performance, the Sigma 24-35mm F2.0 DG HSM Art Lens for Nikon F is perfect for landscapes, portraits, still-lifes, close-ups, and general snapshots! This lens is a unique Art-series zoom covering a range of wide-angle focal lengths and it stands out due to its bright f/2 constant maximum aperture which benefits both depth of field control as well as the ability to work in low-light conditions intended to replace a series of wide-angle primes.
Furthermore, this lens is made for the kind of photography that unleashes your inner artist. Ideal for studio photography, it offers just as much expressive scope when capturing architecture, starry skies, and many other scenes. It is characterized by a sophisticated optical design that incorporates several low dispersion and aspherical elements to greatly reduce color fringing and distortion throughout the zoom range.
- Covering the range of three fixed focal length wide-angle lenses - Delivering excellent functionality and convenience, one lens offers quality equivalent to that of three high-performance fixed focal length lenses at F2 brightness: 24mm, 28mm, and 35mm. With a minimum focusing distance of 28cm and a maximum magnification ratio of 1:4.4, this lens is suitable for close-up shooting, portraits with an attractive bokeh, and deep-focus landscape photography.
- Enhanced handling - The inner focusing system eliminates front lens rotation, enhancing the lens’s stability and allowing the use of circular polarizing filters. This is particularly convenient for shooting video.
- Incorporating SIGMA’s latest technologies - The lens incorporates large-diameter aspherical lens elements, which require advanced technologies to manufacture; one FLD (“F” Low Dispersion) glass element; and seven SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass elements, of which two are aspherical lenses. The advanced optics and optimized lens power distribution minimize spherical aberration, axial chromatic aberration, and field curvature, resulting in outstanding optical performance. Even at the widest aperture, this lens delivers breathtaking image quality.
- Flare and ghosting reduction - SIGMA’s Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting to help photographers produce sharp and high-contrast images even in backlit conditions. The included lens hood can be attached to block out extraneous light, which can have a negative effect on rendering performance.
- Exclusive low-dispersion glass - Most chromatic aberration can be removed by combining a high-refractivity convex lens element with a low-refractivity concave element. Yet residual chromatic aberration known as “secondary spectrum” may still remain. To minimize this secondary spectrum, which can be a serious issue with conventional lenses, SIGMA lenses feature up to three types of exclusive low-dispersion glass offering superior performance: ELD (Extraordinary Low Dispersion), SLD (Special Low Dispersion) and FLD (“F” Low Dispersion). In particular, FLD glass offers ultra-low dispersion in combination with high transmittance and the anomalous dispersion characteristics of fluorite.
- Rounded diaphragm - When photographing with point light sources such as electric lights or reflections on a body of water in the background, the rounded 9-blade diaphragm helps produce an attractive bokeh effect—even at large-aperture settings.
- Hyper Sonic Motor ensures high AF speed - It ensures a silent, high-speed AF function. By optimizing the AF algorithm, smoother AF is achieved. Also, this lens offers full-time MF by rotating the focus ring of the lens while autofocusing. It allows faster focus adjustment without the need to use the AF/MF Focus Mode Switch.
- TSC (Thermally Stable Composite) - A first for the industry, the barrel of the new series of SIGMA lenses features a new TSC (Thermally Stable Composite) that offers minimal thermal shrinkage combined with exceptional hardness. It also offers 25% greater elasticity than polycarbonate. Since its thermal shrinkage is low, TSC matches well with metal parts, further contributing to the high-precision construction of the lens.
- High-precision, rugged brass bayonet mount - The brass mount combines high precision with rugged construction. Its treated surfaces and enhanced strength contribute to the exceptional durability of the lens.
|Lens Construction||18 elements in 13 groups|
|Angle of View||84.1°-63.4°|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||9 (rounded diaphragm)|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||
|Maximum Magnification Ratio||
|Dimensions (Diameter × Length)||
Φ87.6mm × 122.7mm / Φ3.4 in. × 4.8 in.
*The length of a lens is measured from the filter surface to its mount.
940g / 33.2oz.
Case, Petal-Type Hood (LH876-03) included
- Sigma 24-35mm F2.0 DG HSM Art Lens for Nikon F
- Sigma Lens Cap
- Sigma Rear Lens Cap
- Sigma Lens Hood
- Sigma Soft Padded Lens Case
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
- Limited 3-Year U.S.A. Warranty Extension