Designed for small full-frame mirrorless cameras, the Sigma 45mm F2.8 DG DN Contemporary Lens for Leica L is a standard lens that pursues easy operability as a regular prime lens by balancing its easy-to-carry size and high optical performance, thereby embodying the Contemporary line’s development concept of “pursuing optimum balance.” It is the perfect first lens in the lineup dedicated to full-frame mirrorless cameras!
This 45mm lens is a normal-length prime that optimizes size and weight, delivering notably smooth bokeh with rounded out-of-focus highlights in both the foreground and background. With its ability to soften the periphery of blurred images while enhancing the three-dimensional impression of an object, it is well-suited for snapshots, tabletop photos, or any imagery where you wish to make your subject stand out.
- Beautiful bokeh and rendering that can be enjoyed in every scene - With this lens, bokeh expressions are specially featured. Spherical aberration has been controlled to ensure not only the large bokeh in the front and rear of the subject but also the rear bokeh near the area in focus creates a gradient to a soft blur. It also softens the periphery of blurred images suppressing the double-line bokeh etc. and enhances the three-dimensional impression of the subject with the smooth expressions in the foreground and the background.
- High build quality and outstanding operability - Because this lens is intended for everyday use, particular attention has been given to build quality and operability. The lens barrel incorporating metal material as the main part achieves improved durability.
- Metal bayonet hood - The lens hood features aluminum, using the same material as the lens body which has realized a high quality and high rigidity. Furthermore, caring for the click feeling at the time of when removing and attaching, the knurling process featured on the surface provides superior usability.
- High-speed and highly accurate AF enabled by the stepping motor - The lens is capable of smooth, quiet and high-speed AF made possible by a stepping motor, as well as supports Face/Eye Detection AF and video AF.
- Rounded diaphragm - The 7-blade rounded diaphragm creates an attractive blur in the out-of-focus areas of the image.
- Designed to minimize flare and ghosting - SIGMA’s Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting to help photographers produce sharp and high-contrast images even in backlit conditions.
- Mount with Dust and Splash Resistant Structure - The mount features a special sealing to make the lens an excellent choice in a wide variety of conditions.
- High-precision, rugged brass bayonet mount - The brass mount combines high precision with rugged construction. Its treated surfaces and enhanced strength contribute to the exceptional durability of the lens.
- Compatible with Lens Aberration Correction - Matching the optical characteristics of the lens, this function performs in-camera corrections of peripheral illumination, chromatic aberrations, distortion, and more, to further enhance image quality.
|Lens Construction||8 elements in 7 groups|
|Angle of View||51.3°|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||7 (rounded diaphragm)|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||
24cm / 9.4in.
|Maximum Magnification Ratio||
|Dimensions (Diameter × Length)||
φ64.0mm × 46.2mm / φ2.5in. × 1.8in.
*The length of a lens is measured from the filter surface to its mount.
215g / 7.6oz.
Lens Hood (LH577-01) supplied
- Sigma 45mm F2.8 DG DN Contemporary Lens for Leica L
- Sigma Lens Cap
- Sigma Rear Lens Cap
- Sigma Lens Hood
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
- Limited 3-Year U.S.A. Warranty Extension