Introduced as the first macro lens in the Art line of lenses for mirrorless cameras, the Sigma 105mm F2.8 DG DN Macro Art Lens for Sony E is a short-telephoto prime optimized for macro use, packs the highest level of performance expected of a mid-telephoto macro lens into its body, from its superb optical performance to excellent build quality. With a minimum focusing distance of 11.6", and a 5.5" working distance, this lens is ideal for macro shooting or portraits.
This 105mm lens can also give photographers an opportunity to rediscover a new way of looking at or enjoying things such as unexpected beauty or something precious in everyday life through its perspective that is unique to a macro lens. Its optical design incorporates one SLD element, which also helps to realize high clarity and color accuracy by suppressing various aberrations and color fringing.
- AFL button - Can be assigned with various functions to widen the range of operations available on the lens.
- HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) - An original SIGMA development that uses ultrasonic waves to drive the autofocus mechanism. Its extremely quiet operation helps avoid disturbing photographic subjects. High torque and speed assure rapid autofocus response. SIGMA uses two types of HSM: ring HSM and micro HSM. The Ring HSM configuration permits manual fine-tuning of focus (manual override) by turning the focusing ring after autofocus is complete.
- Aperture ring - Designed to help users work intuitively.
- Dust and Splash Resistant Structure - This lens features a highly effective dust and splash-resistant structure* with special sealing at the mount connection, manual focus ring, zoom ring, and cover connection, allowing photographers to work in all types of weather.
- Aperture ring click switch - Mounted with a de-click function for removing clicks by the aperture ring click switch, enabling seamless operations that are especially useful such as during video shooting.
- Aperture ring lock switch - A ring lock system to prevent from the unintended movement of the aperture ring during shooting.
- Flare and ghosting reduction - SIGMA’s Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting to help photographers produce sharp and high-contrast images even in backlit conditions.
- High-precision, rugged brass bayonet mount - The brass mount combines high precision with rugged construction. Its treated surfaces and enhanced strength contribute to the exceptional durability of the lens.
- Exclusive low-dispersion glass - Most chromatic aberration can be removed by combining a high-refractivity convex lens element with a low-refractivity concave element. Yet residual chromatic aberration known as “secondary spectrum” may still remain. To minimize this secondary spectrum, which can be a serious issue with conventional lenses, SIGMA lenses feature up to three types of exclusive low-dispersion glass offering superior performance: ELD (Extraordinary Low Dispersion), SLD (Special Low Dispersion) and FLD (“F” Low Dispersion). In particular, FLD glass offers ultra-low dispersion in combination with high transmittance and the anomalous dispersion characteristics of fluorite.
- Support DMF, AF+MF
- Inner focus
- 9-blade rounded diaphragm
|Lens Construction||17 elements in 12 groups|
|Angle of View||23.3°|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||9 (rounded diaphragm)|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||
29.5cm / 11.6in.
|Maximum Magnification Ratio||
|Dimensions (Diameter × Length)||
φ74mm × 135.6mm / φ2.9in. × 5.3in.
*The length of a lens is measured from the filter surface to its mount.
710g / 25.0oz.
Case, hood (LH653-01) included
- Sigma 105mm F2.8 DG DN Macro Art Lens for Sony E
- Sigma Lens Cap
- Sigma Rear Lens Cap
- Sigma Lens Hood
- Sigma Soft Lens Case
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
- Limited 3-Year U.S.A. Warranty Extension