Blackmagic Design ATEM Constellation HD Live Production Switcher
Powerful live event HD switchers, the Blackmagic Design ATEM M/E Constellation HD Live Production Switcher connects to a wide range of cameras and sources, delivering program output via six 3G-SDI BNC outputs or a webcam output via USB Type-C supporting 3G-SDI and HD-SDI signals. The ATEM M/E Constellation HD is available in 3 great models, including a 1 M/E model with 10 inputs, a 2 M/E model with 20 inputs, and a massive 4 M/E model with 40 inputs. Each SDI input features a full standards converter and includes advanced features such as DVEs, ATEM advanced chroma keyers, media players, multiviews, and SuperSource processors. Plus the built-in Fairlight audio mixer includes a compressor, limiter, 6-band parametric EQ, and expander on each input.
The ATEM Constellation features a reference video input, and each input features a frame synchronizer, frame rate converter, and format converter. This allows you to mix and match cameras, formats, cameras that do not feature genlock and video input from computer sources. Upstream and downstream keyers and effects are supported. All this is done live and in real time with no rendering required. You can control the switcher using the integrated front panel, optional Blackmagic ATEM panels, or via the downloadable control software.
- Seriously Advanced Broadcast Power - Blackmagic Constellation HD switchers feature a compact rack mount design with a built-in control panel. This allows the operation of the switcher, critical during setup or for emergency use. Also included is a large LCD so you can see program output and change switcher settings via on-screen menus. The compact design is perfect for portable live production, with the rear of the switcher including the connections for 3G-SDI inputs, 3G-SDI aux outputs, balanced audio, and Ethernet for control. The top 4 M/E model even includes RS-422 for serial control and MADI digital audio connections.
- Designed for Massive Live Events - With 3 powerful models, ATEM Constellation HD switchers are ideal for concerts and music festivals because you can place cameras on all areas of the stage for amazing coverage! Even live sports benefit from the huge number of inputs and DVEs let you build multi-layer compositions to cover the action. ATEM Constellation is also perfect for the house of worship programming as it’s big enough to allow professional results, but it’s very simple to learn so it’s easy to train a volunteer crew!
- True Broadcast Style Mix Effects Switching - ATEM Constellation HD uses a professional "program/preview" style operation, which is the same way large broadcasters use live production switchers. This means you are using the same type of switcher used by the television industry. Both the free ATEM Software Control and the optional hardware ATEM Advanced Panels will allow program/preview style switching. This means you can select a source on the preview bus to ensure it’s correct before pushing the CUT or AUTO button to switch it on air. This 2 step program/preview process means far fewer mistakes! Program/preview operation means ATEM Constellation is the best solution for training students for a career in broadcast television!
- Full Front Panel Control - With a control panel built into the front panel, you can simply walk up and operate the ATEM Constellation at any time. ATEM Constellation HD has similar features to ATEM Mini, so it’s a fantastic upgrade when you need a bigger switcher! Plus the front panel control buttons are the same premium type used on full-sized panels so they are extremely reliable. You can even control keyers, and media and fade to black from the front panel! There is an industry-standard 5-pin talkback headset connector on the front panel, with controls for talkback control.
- Up to 40 Standards Converted 3G-SDI Inputs - The ATEM Constellation HD family features models that have up to 40 independent 3G-SDI inputs, with each input featuring its own dedicated up and cross converter. That means it’s possible to convert any 1080p input source to the video standard of the switcher! That means you could have each switcher SDI input running a different television standard and all the inputs will just work! On the ATEM 4 M/E Constellation HD model, you can even loop out audio channels 1, 2, 3, and 4 from SDI inputs 1 to 30 to the two MADI digital audio outputs, so you can hand off the switcher input audio to an external audio engineer for mixing.
- Up to 24 3G‑SDI Outputs - The ATEM Constellation HD family have a massive number of fully independent 3G-SDI outputs. Even the small 1 M/E model has 6 x 3G-SDI outputs! Then the 2 M/E model has 12 x 3G-SDI outputs and the 4 M/E model has massive 24 x 3G-SDI outputs. These SDI outputs are very powerful because you can independently route any SDI input or any internal source to each SDI output. That’s perfect for running independent feeds to stage screens, master recorders, and streaming processors. Or use the SDI outputs for ISO recorders, where each deck will get a resynchronized switcher input with matching timecode. All SDI outputs contain program audio, RP-188 timecode, SDI camera control, tally, and talkback.
- USB Webcam Output for Video Software - To help with live streaming, the USB-C connection on ATEM Constellation HD operates as a webcam source. That means you can plug into a computer and get working with any video software! The software is tricked into thinking the ATEM Constellation HD is a common webcam, but it's really a live production switcher! That guarantees full compatibility with any video software and in full resolution 1080HD quality. Choose any software you like, such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams, or Skype for a new way to do presentations with a professional multi-camera broadcast quality style! The ATEM Constellation HD webcam output also works with streaming software such as Open Broadcaster, XSplit Broadcaster, and more!
- Choose from Hardware or Software Control Panels - All ATEM switchers feature a wide range of hardware and software control options, plus it’s possible to share control panels between all ATEM models for different events. Included with Blackmagic Constellation HD is a free software-based control panel for Mac and Windows. The software connects to the switcher via Ethernet or USB and you can control the switcher, upload media, mix audio, and control cameras. Then, when you need more power, you can add an ATEM Advanced Panel for professional switching or an ATEM Camera Control Panel for controlling cameras. There's even an ATEM developer SDK so you can build your own custom automation control solution!
- Includes Multiview with Labels, Tally, and Meters - The built-in multiview lets you monitor multiple sources on a single monitor. The 1 M/E model includes 1 multiview, the 2 M/E model has 2 independent multiviews and the 4 M/E model has 4 independent multiviews! All external SDI inputs, plus all internal video sources can be routed to any view. All multiviews are fully customizable and can be independently set to 4, 7, 10, 13, or 16 simultaneous views. That’s up to 32 views in total on the 2 M/E model and a massive 64 views across 4 monitors with the 4 M/E model! You can add the tally border plus source label and VU meters as an overlay on each view. Plus a red and green border will show a tally on each view, so you know what sources are on air.
- Broadcast Transitions, DVE, Stingers, and More - ATEM Constellation HD includes a wide range of broadcast-quality native transitions such as mix, dip, wipe, and more. All transitions can be customized in the system control menus with adjustments for border color, border width, position, direction, and a lot more! The ATEM Constellation switcher includes a powerful digital video effects processor for DVE transitions, which can be used to squeeze the current picture off-screen revealing a new video under it. The DVE can even be used to create graphic wipe transitions. To eliminate errors, ATEM Constellation HD features a preview transition feature so you can set up your transitions before you switch it on air!
- Built-in DVE for Video Effects - ATEM Constellation features up to 4 independent DVEs, depending on the model, that let you reposition graphics and create picture-in-picture compositions. You get amazing quality and the DVE supports the position, resizing, and scale, all in real-time. The DVE lets you create professional picture-in-picture effects with customizable 3D borders, shadows, and lighting. DVEs can also be used to create amazing DVE transitions with squeeze and swoosh effects for adding excitement to your programming. You can even combine DVE transitions with custom graphics to create your own graphic wipe transitions! Then the 2 and 4 M/E models include SuperSource processors for even more DVEs!
- Includes New ATEM Advanced Chroma Keyers! - For news or virtual set work, ATEM Constellation HD is perfect as it features lots of ATEM advanced keyers for high-quality chroma or luminance keying! The chroma keyer is incredibly powerful and features a color picker to sample background colors for the automatic generation of the key parameters. You get precise controls for edge and flare, and there is even a foreground color corrector so you can match the "look" of the foreground layer to the background layer making seamless compositions possible. The keyer can also be used for the pattern and DVE keying! You get 4 ATEM Advanced Keyers on the 1 M/E model, 8 ATEM Advanced Keyers on the 2 M/E model, and 16 ATEM Advanced Keyers on the 4 M/E model.
- The First Switcher with Big Professional Audio - ATEM Constellation HD is the world’s first live production switcher that fully embraces live professional audio production! All SDI inputs are connected to a built-in Fairlight audio mixer that features 6 bands of parametric EQ, compressor, limiter, noise gate, and expander on each input. On the ATEM 4 M/E Constellation HD model, there are 2 MADI outputs for breaking out channels 1, 2, 3, and 4 of the first 30 SDI inputs out to an external audio engineer, plus a MADI input for allowing an extra 32 external audio channels into the audio mixer. The Fairlight audio mixer even has additional inputs for mixing audio from analog inputs, talkback microphones for voice-over, and more!
- Professional Fairlight Audio Mixer - Fairlight Audio Mixer With a built-in Fairlight audio mixer, the ATEM Constellation makes it possible to do extremely complex live sound mixing. The internal mixer has up to 156 input channels, for the biggest audio mixer in a live production switcher! Audio is de-embedded from all the SDI video inputs and passed to the audio mixer. Then the 4 M/E model has extra audio mixer input channels for the MADI audio inputs. Each input channel features the highest quality 6-band parametric EQ and compressor, limiter, expander, and noise gate as well as full panning. All this audio power can be controlled via the ATEM Software Control or a Mackie-compatible panel.
- Compatible with Blackmagic Cameras, Panels, Decks, and More - ATEM switchers are powerful because they can grow and expand with you. Add an ATEM Advanced Panel to get professional industry standard switcher control. Then add an ATEM Camera Control Panel for fast control and color balancing of up to four cameras. For cameras, Blackmagic Studio Cameras make great studio cameras as they have a tally, talkback, and control all built into the compact and very portable design. For mastering, Blackmagic HyperDeck Studio recorders are perfect because they include popular file formats such as ProRes, H.264, and DNx. You can even live stream using an UltraStudio or Blackmagic Web Presenter! Then add a Micro Converter SDI to an HDMI 3G converter for HDMI monitoring!