Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Macro Lens for Canon EF/Nikon FCanon EF
Capture close-up moments perfectly with the Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Macro Lens for Canon EF or Nikon F. Available in two lens mounts, the macro lens is a short-telephoto prime characterized by its ability to achieve a 1:1, life-size magnification along with a 1' minimum focusing distance for macro applications. Its optical design employs two SLD elements that provide good control of aberration and the floating inner focus system ensures high rendering throughout the focusing range. By using SIGMA’s APO Tele Converter, it is possible to take photos at greater than 1:1 magnification. This lens has also a rounded 9 blades diaphragm which creates an attractive blur to the out-of-focus areas.
- Quiet and speedy AF - HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) provides quiet and high-speed AF. It is also possible to use full-time manual focus, even if the lens is set to autofocus.
- Large aperture medium telephoto macro lens - This medium telephoto macro lens allows you to maintain an appropriate distance from subjects while still getting close-up photos. Since the working distance at its closest focusing position is 142mm, shadows of the lens and camera will not affect photography making it suitable for taking photos of subjects, such as flowers, under natural lighting conditions. In comparison to the Sigma 50mm and 70mm macro lenses, the main subjects can be defined with perfectly smooth and blurred backgrounds.
- Floating inner focusing - This lens incorporates floating inner focusing which moves two lens groups separately. This minimizes aberrations that occur as shooting distance changes and enables stable rendering of the image from infinity to 1:1 magnification. This also corrects image distortion, especially when taking close-up pictures. Since focusing does not change its overall length, this lens is easy to hold and use.
- High rendering performance - The lens power layout produces excellent optical performance. High refractive index SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass corrects chromatic aberration, spherical aberration, and field curvature. It ensures high rendering performance at all shooting distances. The Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting, maintaining quality images with high contrast.
- Handheld photography with ease - Incorporation of the OS function offers superior stabilization As the stabilization effect is visible through the viewfinder, it aids composition and accurate focusing.
- Rounded 9 blades diaphragm - This lens has a rounded 9-blade diaphragm which creates an attractive blur to the out-of-focus areas. This also creates smooth, rounded out of focus highlights when taking photos that have a strong light source in the background such as lights shining on the surface of the water.
- APO Tele converters - This lens is compatible with Sigma’s APO TELE CONVERTERS. With APO TELE CONVERTER 1.4x EX DG, it can be used as a 147mm F4 AF* telephoto macro lens, and APO TELE CONVERTER 2x EX DG as a 210mm F5.6 MF telephoto macro lens. This allows a greater working distance while still achieving 1:1 macro magnification. *AF does not work from 0.45m close-up photography.
|Lens Construction||16 elements in 11 groups|
|Angle of View||23.3°|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||9 (rounded diaphragm)|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||
31.2cm / 12.3in.
|Maximum Magnification Ratio||
|Dimensions (Diameter × Length)||
⌀78.3mm × 126.4mm / ⌀3.1in. × 5.0in.
*The length of a lens is measured from the filter surface to its mount.
725g / 25.6oz.
Lens case, Lens Hood (LH680-03), Hood Adapter (HA680-01) supplied
- Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Macro Lens for Canon EF or Nikon F
- Sigma LCR II Rear Lens Cap for Canon EF or Nikon F
- Sigma Lens Hood for 105mm F2.8 Macro EX Digital OS HSM Lens
- Sigma Lens Hood Adapter for 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Macro Lens
- Sigma LCF-62 III 62mm Lens Cap
- Lens Case
- Limited Warranty