Offers an outstanding resolution for high-megapixel DSLRs, the Sigma 135mm F1.8 DG HSM Art Lens for Leica L is a fast telephoto prime designed with a focus on sophisticated optical performance and abundant expressive power and delivers high-level artistic expression. This lens is often categorized as the foundational telephoto, the first one to add to a lens collection.
Furthermore, by minimizing axial chromatic aberration, this lens makes this bokeh effect not only impressive but also beautiful while delivering superb contrast and sharp image quality in every shot. It offers the outstanding resolution required for 50MP or higher ultra-high-megapixel DSLRs. It is designed for high-resolution rendering and utilizes FLD and SLD glass to control chromatic aberrations and color fringing for notable clarity.
- Optical design delivering ultra-high-resolution and minimized chromatic aberrations - In addition to optimized power distribution, this lens features two SLD (Super Low Dispersion) glass elements and two FLD (“F” Low Dispersion) glass elements. These technologies help minimize chromatic aberrations, which tend to appear in the bokeh area outside of focus in portraits, as well as on slender objects such as fine branches.
- Image quality optimal for ultra-high-megapixel DSLRs - To deliver the ultra-high resolution that brings the best out of 50MP or higher ultra-high-megapixel DSLRs, the focus mechanism features SIGMA’s floating system. No matter what the distance from the subject, this lens offers top performance from the center to the edges of the image.
- Exclusive low-dispersion glass - Most chromatic aberration can be removed by combining a high-refractivity convex lens element with a low-refractivity concave element. Yet residual chromatic aberration known as “secondary spectrum” may still remain. To minimize this secondary spectrum, which can be a serious issue with conventional lenses, SIGMA lenses feature up to three types of exclusive low-dispersion glass offering superior performance: ELD (Extraordinary Low Dispersion), SLD (Special Low Dispersion) and FLD (“F” Low Dispersion). In particular, FLD glass offers ultra-low dispersion in combination with high transmittance and the anomalous dispersion characteristics of fluorite.
- Designed to minimize flare and ghosting - SIGMA’s Super Multi-Layer Coating helps further reduce flare and ghosting and provides sharp, high-contrast images even in backlit conditions.
- The large HSM delivers highly responsive autofocus - Delivers ample torque to the focusing group for outstanding speed, ensuring exceptionally stable performance even at lower speeds. Along with the optimized AF algorithm, this feature delivers fast autofocus photography. In addition, the focus limiter makes AF highly responsive to distance from the subject for even more nimble performance.
- Fast AF with full-time manual focus - Full-time manual focus function allows the lens to be switched to manual focus simply by rotating the focus ring.
- Mount with Dust and Splash Resistant Structure - The lens mount incorporates rubber sealing* to protect the mount from dust and water drops.
- Rounded diaphragm - The 9-blade rounded diaphragm creates an attractive blur in the out-of-focus areas of the image.
- High-precision, rugged brass bayonet mount - The brass mount combines high precision with rugged construction. Its treated surfaces and enhanced strength contribute to the exceptional durability of the lens.
|Lens Construction||13 elements in 10 groups|
|Angle of View||18.2°|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||9 (rounded diaphragm)|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||
87.5cm / 34.4in.
|Maximum Magnification Ratio||
|Dimensions (Diameter × Length)||
φ91.4mm × 138.9mm / φ3.6in. × 5.4in.
*The length of a lens is measured from the filter surface to its mount.
1,220g / 43oz.
Case, Hood LH880-03 are included
- Sigma 135mm F1.8 DG HSM Art Lens for Leica L
- Sigma Lens Cap
- Sigma Rear Lens Cap
- Sigma Lens Hood
- Sigma Lens Case
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
- Limited 3-Year U.S.A. Warranty Extension