Introducing the world’s first and only F1.8 ultra-wide-angle lens, this Sigma 14mm F1.8 DG HSM Art Lens for Nikon F is a unique wide-angle prime designed to produce high-resolution, well-corrected imagery for which so many photographers have been waiting. This lens can capture a swarm of fireflies with crystal clarity, a beautiful bokeh effect, and outstanding control of light streaking going beyond fast shutter speed.
As part of the Art line of lenses, this lens has a focus on image quality and rendering and utilizes both FLD and SLD glass elements to control chromatic aberrations and color fringing for notable clarity. Offering astonishing rendering performance that meets the highest standard, this 14mm lens is perfect for landscapes, portraits, still-lifes, close-ups, and casual snaps!
- Minimized chromatic aberrations - Three FLD (“F” Low Dispersion) glass elements and four SLD (Super Low Dispersion) glass elements help minimize transverse chromatic aberration, which tends to be noticeable in shots taken with ultra-wide-angle lenses. Offering excellent peripheral brightness, this lens delivers outstanding image quality from the center to the edges.
- Minimized distortion - Serving as the front lens element, the large φ80mm precision-molded glass aspherical lens effectively minimizes distortion. Offering excellent peripheral brightness, this lens delivers outstanding image quality from the center to the edges.
- Distinctive bokeh effect - Even at the 14mm ultra-wide angle of view, F1.8 brightness makes possible a very shallow depth of field with the subject standing out dramatically against a bokeh background. It’s the unique mode of expression that only a large-diameter lens can deliver.
- Exclusive low-dispersion glass - Most chromatic aberration can be removed by combining a high-refractivity convex lens element with a low-refractivity concave element. Yet residual chromatic aberration known as “secondary spectrum” may still remain. To minimize this secondary spectrum, which can be a serious issue with conventional lenses, SIGMA lenses feature up to three types of exclusive low-dispersion glass offering superior performance: ELD (Extraordinary Low Dispersion), SLD (Special Low Dispersion) and FLD (“F” Low Dispersion). In particular, FLD glass offers ultra-low dispersion in combination with high transmittance and the anomalous dispersion characteristics of fluorite.
- Designed to minimize flare and ghosting - SIGMA’s Super Multi-Layer Coating helps further reduce flare and ghosting and provides sharp, high-contrast images even in backlit conditions.
- Hypersonic Motor (HSM) - Delivers ample torque to the focusing group for outstanding speed, ensuring exceptionally stable performance even at lower speeds. Along with the optimized AF algorithm, this feature delivers fast autofocus photography.
- Fast AF with a full-time manual focus - Full-time manual focus function allows the lens to be switched to manual focus simply by rotating the focus ring. *Note: The operation of full-time MF may vary based on mount type.
- Mount with Dust and Splash Resistant Structure - Since the area of the lens most vulnerable to dust and other foreign bodies is the mount, rubber sealing* helps provide peace of mind. In addition, the front lens element features a water- and oil-repellant coating that helps the lens perform well in the rain, near water, and in other challenging conditions. *Except for SIGMA mount.
- Rounded diaphragm - The 9-blade rounded diaphragm creates an attractive blur in the out-of-focus areas of the image.
- High-precision, rugged brass bayonet mount - The brass mount combines high precision with rugged construction. Its treated surfaces and enhanced strength contribute to the exceptional durability of the lens.
|Lens Construction||16 elements in 11 groups|
|Angle of View||114.2°|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||9 (rounded diaphragm)|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||
27cm / 10.6in.
|Maximum Magnification Ratio||
|Dimensions (Diameter × Length)||
φ95.4mm × 126mm / φ3.8in. × 5.0in.
*The length of a lens is measured from the filter surface to its mount.
1,120g / 39.5oz.
Case, Cover Lens Cap LC954-01 supplied
- Sigma 14mm F1.8 DG HSM Art Lens for Nikon F
- Sigma Rear Lens Cap
- Sigma Front Lens Cover
- Sigma Lens Case
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
- Limited 3-Year U.S.A. Warranty Extension