Experience a Travel-friendly Wide Zoom with F2.8 Optics and Budget-Friendly Sigma Contemporary Lens!
The Sigma 16-28mm F2.8 DG DN Contemporary Lens (Sony E Mount) combines exceptional optical quality, a bright F2.8 constant aperture, a robust and lightweight body opening up new possibilities for Sony E-mount and L-Mount shooters who need professional results in a compact package. This lens provides the allure of a bright, fixed aperture zoom at a more affordable price and lighter weight than traditional 16-35 2.8 models. Sure, the shorter reach means you’re only getting a mild range of just 1.75x, but if you pair it with Sigma’s 28-70mm DG DN, you’ll enjoy uninterrupted coverage from 16 to 70mm with a constant f2.8 aperture, and the pair weighs less than a kilo combined.
In terms of performance, the Sigma has fast, quiet and confident focusing, gimbal-friendly internal zooming, and decent quality across the frame and throughout the range even at f2.8. With its excellent field curvature correction, this lens is able to achieve exceptional edge-to-edge sharpness, which is essential for most wide-angle applications. It boasts five FLD elements and four aspherical lens elements to ensure optimal image quality with minimal aberrations. The lens has an inner zoom mechanism that keeps overall length consistent throughout the entire zoom range, helping it feel balanced in the hand. The inner zoom also means the lens’ center of gravity stays fairly constant, so it’s perfect for gimbal use. A front filter thread allows filters to be attached more easily.
- Uncompromising optical performance within a compact body
- Convenient form factor allowing more freedom and usability
- Compact F2.8 zoom series
- Exceptional build quality with intuitive ergonomics
- Lens construction: 16 elements in 11 groups, with 5 FLD and 4 aspherical lens elements
- Compatible with high-speed autofocus
- Compatible with front filter (Φ72mm)
- Designed to minimize flare and ghosting
- 9-blade rounded diaphragm
- High-precision, durable brass bayonet mount
|Lens Construction||11 groups, 16 elements (5 FLD and 4 aspherical lens elements)|
|Angle of View||107.0°-75.4°|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||9 (rounded diaphragm)|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||
25cm / 9.9in.
|Maximum Magnification Ratio||
|Dimensions (Diameter × Length)||
φ77.2mm × 102.6mm / φ3.0in. × 4.0in.
450g / 15.9oz.
|Supplied Accessories||Petal-type lens hood (LH756-01), Front Cap (LCF-72 III), Rear Cap (LCR II)|
- Sigma 16-28mm f/2.8 DG DN Contemporary Lens (Sony E)
- Sigma LCF-72 III 72mm Lens Cap
- Sigma LCR II Rear Lens Cap for Sony E
- Sigma LH756-01 Petal-Type Lens Hood
- Limited Warranty