Offers Incredible Performance, this Sigma Art Lens is Beneficial for Astrophotographers!
The Sigma 20mm F1.4 DG DN Art Lens (Sony E Mount) is a mirrorless version of the SIGMA 20mm F1.4 DG HSM | Art; the one and only lens with its unique specification of the maximum aperture of 1.4 and an ultra-wide angle of 20mm. This lens offers incredible imaging performance from corner to corner, with a large maximum aperture that makes it ideal for use in low-light environments, particularly under dark skies where its new features are especially useful. Ideally, it offers photographers overwhelming optical performance and unlimited potential for ultra wide-angle creativity at a compact physical size.
The exceptional F1.4 brightness and the breathtaking sharpness across the entire image even at maximum aperture make this lens the ultimate choice for astrophotography. In nightly darkness and focused to infinity, the 20mm lens captures stars in the sky as clear, precise pinpoints of light. Always an excellent choice for landscape and architecture, perfect for astrophotographers!
Photo: Sigma Global, all rights reserved.
|1. Focus Mode Switch||4. Aperture Ring Click Switch|
|2. AFL Button||5. Lock Mechanism|
|3. MFL (Manual Focus Lock) Switch||6. Aperture Ring Lock Switch|
- Support front and rear filters - The lens also comes with a rear filter holder, allowing photographers the freedom to combine multiple filters to suit a huge variety of shooting situations for near-unlimited creative potential at an ultra-wide viewing angle.
Designed for perfect results even in the most demanding conditions - When the MFL switch is set to “LOCK”, the focus ring operation will be disabled.
This is to prevent the focus ring from accidentally being moved, which would cause out-of-focus images.
- Highest optical performance on a new level - With 17 glass elements arranged in 15 groups, including two SLD, three aspherical glass elements, and the largest class double-sided aspherical glass element in SIGMA’s history, the lens is rigorously suppressed various optical aberrations such as sagittal coma flare or image distortion to produce highly-detailed images with exceptional sharpness and accuracy from the center to the furthest corners, allowing photographers to make use of the entire field of view afforded by its ultra-wide viewing angle.
- Aperture ring - It is designed to help users work intuitively.
- Aperture ring click switch - Mounted with a de-click function for removing clicks by the aperture ring click switch, enabling seamless operations that are especially useful such as during video shooting.
- Aperture ring lock switch - It is used to prevent from unintended movement of the aperture ring during shooting.
- Lens heater retainer - The lens heater is used to prevent internal condensation as the temperature drops on longer night shoots and will stay securely attached to the barrel without protruding into the image and causing unsightly vignetting.
- Superb build quality and usability with uncompromising attention to detail - Its dust- and splash-resistant structure and the water- and oil-repellent coating on the front glass element makes the lens safe to use during longer outdoor shoots, especially during the night.
- Dust and Splash Resistant Structure - This lens features a highly effective dust and splash-resistant structure with special sealing at the mount connection, manual focus ring, zoom ring, and cover connection.
- Super Multi-Layer Coating - In digital cameras, flare and ghosting may also be caused by reflections between the image sensor and lens surfaces. Here too, SIGMA’s Super Multi-Layer Coating is highly effective, assuring images of outstanding contrast
- Inner focus system - To increase stability, this lens configuration uses movable internal lens elements that adjust focus without changing the length of the lens barrel.
- Designed to minimize flare and ghosting
- Every single lens is evaluated with SIGMA’s proprietary MTF measuring system
- 11-blade rounded diaphragm
- High-precision, durable brass bayonet mount
|Lens Construction||17 elements in 15 groups|
|Angle of View||94.5 °|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||11 (rounded diaphragm)|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||
23cm / 9.1in.
|Maximum Magnification Ratio||
|Dimensions (Diameter × Length)||
φ87.8mm × 113.2mm / φ3.5in. × 4.5in.
630g / 22.2oz.
- Sigma 20mm F1.4 DG DN Art Lens (Sony E Mount)
- Sigma LH878-04 Lens Hood
- Sigma LCF-82 III 82mm Lens Cap
- Sigma LCR II Rear Lens Cap for Sony E
- GP-21 Guide Plate
- Limited Warranty