Ideal for snapshots in low light, indoor photography, and portraits, the Sigma 20mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Lens for Sigma SA delivers outstanding large-aperture brightness and bokeh, delivering unprecedented visual experiences with a focal length of 20mm and F1.4 aperture. This 20mm lens is a member of the venerable Art series of Global Vision lenses from Sigma and pairs a sophisticated optical design with a robust physical construction.
The wide focal length and consistent image quality make this lens ideal not only for such ultra-wide-angle subjects as landscapes and starry skies, but also for snapshots in low light, indoor photography, portraits with a natural bokeh effect, and much more. It is designed to achieve truly notable optical performance and is ideally suited for creative and artistic applications!
- Minimized chromatic aberrations - This lens minimizes chromatic aberrations, a common issue in large-aperture ultra-wide-angle lenses. It features two FLD (“F” Low Dispersion) glass and five SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass elements to minimize transverse chromatic aberration, which is mainly visible around the edge of the image. The optimized lens power distribution helps minimize axial chromatic aberration. As a result, this lens delivers high image quality in every situation without color smearing, and its rendering performance is consistently sharp with high contrast.
- Minimized distortion - Distortion is a common issue in wide-angle lenses, and it is not possible to correct it simply by changing the aperture value. For this reason, a lens must be designed from the start to minimize this issue. By adjusting the incidence angle of light starting with the first lens element and incorporating optimally positioned aspherical glass elements, this lens minimizes distortion throughout the entire image.
- Exclusive low-dispersion glass - Most chromatic aberration can be removed by combining a high-refractivity convex lens element with a low-refractivity concave element. Yet residual chromatic aberration known as “secondary spectrum” may still remain. To minimize this secondary spectrum, which can be a serious issue with conventional lenses, SIGMA lenses feature up to three types of exclusive low-dispersion glass offering superior performance: ELD (Extraordinary Low Dispersion), SLD (Special Low Dispersion) and FLD (“F” Low Dispersion). In particular, FLD glass offers ultra-low dispersion in combination with high transmittance and the anomalous dispersion characteristics of fluorite.
- Flare and ghosting reduction - SIGMA’s Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting to help photographers produce sharp and high-contrast images even in backlit conditions.
- Hyper Sonic Motor ensures high AF speed - Ensures silent, high-speed autofocusing, while the optimized AF algorithm helps realize even smoother AF performance. At any time during AF, users may access MF simply by rotating the focus ring. This feature makes faster focus adjustment possible since there is no need to use the AF/MF focus mode switch. *Note: The operation of full-time MF may vary based on mount type.
- Rounded diaphragm - The 9-blade rounded diaphragm creates an attractive blur in the out-of-focus areas of the image.
- High-precision, rugged brass bayonet mount - The brass mount combines high precision with rugged construction. Its treated surfaces and enhanced strength contribute to the exceptional durability of the lens.
|Lens Construction||15 elements in 11 groups|
|Angle of View||94.5°|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||9 (rounded diaphragm)|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||
27.6 cm / 10.9 in.
|Maximum Magnification Ratio||
|Dimensions (Diameter × Length)||
φ90.7mm × 129.8mm / φ3.6in. × 5.1in.
*The length of a lens is measured from the filter surface to its mount.
950g / 33.5oz.
Case, Cover Lens Cap (LC907-01) supplied
- Sigma 20mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Lens for Sigma SA
- Sigma Rear Lens Cap
- LC907-01 Cover Lens Cap
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
- Limited 3-Year U.S.A. Warranty Extension