Ideal for street shooting to landscape photography, the Sigma 28mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Lens for Sony E is the newest traditional wide-angle lens, advantaged by the latest design and materials, as well as the processing technologies with a classic broad field of view. This lens is characterized by a bright, fast f1.4 maximum aperture that is ideal for working in low-light conditions.
The 28mm lens incorporates two FLD (“F” Low Dispersion) glass elements and three SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass elements. It effectively arranges three aspherical lenses, including a large-diameter aspherical lens to provide thorough correction of magnification chromatic aberration—encountered particularly in wide-angle lenses. This offers high resolution over the entire sensor, while sagittal coma flare is thoroughly corrected and distortion is also minimized to the fullest.
- Water- and Oil-repellent Coating - The front lens element incorporates water and oil-repellent coating that allows water to be wiped away easily and prevents oil and fat from sticking to the surface, even in challenging shooting conditions. At the same time, the maintenance of the lens surface becomes easier.
- Dust and Splash Resistant Structure - This lens features a highly effective dust and splash-resistant structure* with special sealing at the mount connection, manual focus ring, and cover connection, allowing photographers to work in all types of weather.
- High-speed AF - The high-speed AF, thanks to the HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) with an updated algorithm, captures instantaneous photography movement.
- Hood with lock - Features a hood with a lock to prevent dropping the hood.
- Rounded diaphragm - The 9-blade rounded diaphragm creates an attractive blur in the out-of-focus areas of the image.
- Super Multi-Layer Coating - SIGMA’s own Super Multi-Layer Coating suppresses flare and ghosting by preventing reflections within the lens. All lenses in the current SIGMA range feature this original technology. In digital cameras, flare, and ghosting may also be caused by reflections between the image sensor and lens surfaces.
|Lens Construction||17 elements in 12 groups|
|Angle of View||75.4°|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||9 (rounded diaphragm)|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||
28cm / 11in.
|Maximum Magnification Ratio||
|Dimensions (Diameter × Length)||
φ82.8mm × 133.7mm / φ3.3in. × 5.3in.
*The length of a lens is measured from the filter surface to its mount.
925g / 32.6oz.
Case, Petal Type Hood with lock（LH828-01）supplied
- Sigma 28mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Lens for Sony E
- Sigma Rear Lens Cap
- Sigma Lens Cap
- Sigma Lens Hood
- Sigma Lens Case
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
- Limited 3-Year U.S.A. Warranty Extension