Offering the highest level of image quality, this large-aperture Sigma 30mm F1.4 DC HSM Art Lens for Nikon F features a bright f/1.4 maximum aperture that offers an angle of view equivalent to 45mm on a 35mm camera. This 30mm lens excels in difficult lighting conditions and also affords increased control over the depth of field making it a superb go-to lens for artistic photography!
Furthermore, this lens delivers the highest level of image quality because of its advanced design and the latest manufacturing technology features. This lens also features a Hyper Sonic Motor, along with a rear focusing system that affords especially quick, quiet, and accurate autofocus performance with full-time manual focus override.
- HSM (Hypersonic Motor) - Delivers high AF speed and extremely quiet performance. An optimized algorithm offers even smoother automatic focusing, and full-time manual focus override is another key feature.
- Rear Focus system - The lens incorporates a rear focus system that prevents focus-dependent variation in aberration, making high-level image quality possible throughout the entire image. With their unchanging barrel length, these lenses also enhance balance and stability for the photographer. Furthermore, since the front of the lens does not rotate, polarizing filters can be used with extra convenience.
- TSC (Thermally Stable Composite) - A first for the industry, the barrel of the lens features a new TSC (Thermally Stable Composite) that offers minimal thermal shrinkage combined with exceptional hardness. It also offers 25% greater elasticity than polycarbonate. Since its thermal shrinkage is low, TSC matches well with metal parts, further contributing to the high-precision construction of the lens. TSC also makes possible slimmer forms for parts like zoom rings and scaling rings.
- Rounded diaphragm - When photographing with point light sources such as electric lights or reflections on a body of water in the background, the rounded 9-blade diaphragm helps produce an attractive bokeh effect—even at large-aperture settings.
- Flare and ghosting reduction - SIGMA’s Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting to help photographers produce sharp and high-contrast images even in backlit conditions. The included lens hood can be attached to block out extraneous light, which can have a negative effect on rendering performance.
- High-precision, rugged brass bayonet mount - The brass mount combines high precision with rugged construction. Its treated surfaces and enhanced strength contribute to the exceptional durability of the lens.
|Lens Construction||9 elements in 8 groups|
|Angle of View||50.7°|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||9 (rounded diaphragm)|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||
30cm / 11.8in.
|Maximum Magnification Ratio||
|Dimensions (Diameter × Length)||
φ74.2mm × 63.3mm / φ2.9in. × 2.5in.
*The length of a lens is measured from the filter surface to its mount.
435g / 15.3oz.
Case and hood (LH686-01) included
- Sigma 30mm F1.4 DC HSM Art Lens for Nikon F
- Sigma Lens Cap
- Sigma Rear Lens Cap
- Sigma Lens Hood
- Sigma Lens Case
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
- Limited 3-Year U.S.A. Warranty Extension