Delivers the highest level of brightness and beautiful bokeh effects, the Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Lens for Pentax K is an advanced wide-angle prime that mixes a comfortable focal length with an especially fast design. Its bright f/1.4 maximum aperture helps to achieve a shallow depth of field and selective focus effects and is suitable working in difficult lighting conditions. It offers the unique characteristics that only a large-aperture F1.4 lens can offer: shallow depth of field along with superior low-light and hand-held performance.
- Lens construction - A single FLD glass lens, which boasts the same performance as a fluorite lens, is combined with four SLD glass lenses to minimize chromatic aberration. And optimized power distribution helps correct various types of optical aberration. These features give this F1.4 large-aperture lens truly optimal image quality.
- Exclusive low-dispersion glass - Most chromatic aberration can be removed by combining a high-refractivity convex lens element with a low-refractivity concave element. Yet residual chromatic aberration known as “secondary spectrum” may still remain. To minimize this secondary spectrum, which can be a serious issue with conventional lenses, SIGMA lenses feature up to three types of exclusive low-dispersion glass offering superior performance: ELD (Extraordinary Low Dispersion), SLD (Special Low Dispersion) and FLD (“F” Low Dispersion). In particular, FLD glass offers ultra-low dispersion in combination with high transmittance and the anomalous dispersion characteristics of fluorite.
- Rounded diaphragm - When photographing with point light sources such as electric lights or reflections on a body of water in the background, the rounded 9-blade diaphragm helps produce an attractive bokeh effect—even at large-aperture settings.
- HSM (Hypersonic motor) - Delivers high AF speed and extremely quiet performance.
- Floating system - This system adjusts the distance between lens groups during focusing, thereby reducing the amount of lens movement required. The result is less aberration at different shooting distances. Benefits are particularly great in macro lenses because they cover a wide range of shooting distances, and in wide-angle lenses, which employ asymmetric configurations of lens elements.
- TSC (Thermally Stable Composite) - A first for the industry, the barrel of the lens features a new TSC (Thermally Stable Composite) that offers minimal thermal shrinkage combined with exceptional hardness. It also offers 25% greater elasticity than polycarbonate. Since its thermal shrinkage is low, TSC matches well with metal parts, further contributing to the high-precision construction of the lens. TSC also makes possible slimmer forms for parts like zoom rings and scaling rings.
- Flare and ghosting reduction - SIGMA’s Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting to help photographers produce sharp and high-contrast images even in backlit conditions. The included lens hood can be attached to block out extraneous light, which can have a negative effect on rendering performance.
- High-precision, rugged brass bayonet mount - The brass mount combines high precision with rugged construction. Its treated surfaces and enhanced strength contribute to the exceptional durability of the lens.
|Lens Construction||13 elements in 11 groups|
|Angle of View||63.4°|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||9 (rounded diaphragm)|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||
30cm / 11.8in.
|Maximum Magnification Ratio||
|Dimensions (Diameter × Length)||
φ77mm × 118mm / φ3.0in. × 4.6in.
*The length of a lens is measured from the filter surface to its mount.
755g / 26.6oz.
Case and hood (LH730-03) included
- Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Lens for Pentax K
- Sigma Lens Cap
- Sigma Rear Lens Cap
- Sigma Lens Hood
- Sigma Soft Padded Lens Case
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
- Limited 3-Year U.S.A. Warranty Extension