A true game-changer, the Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 DC HSM Art Lens for Nikon F is ideal for portraits with subtle bokeh effects and more, and it sets a new standard for zoom lens image quality. This lens is a large-diameter mid-range telephoto zoom lens pairing a useful range of telephoto focal lengths with an especially fast design. While offering even greater brightness than an F2.8 telephoto zoom, this lens covers the focal lengths of three prime lenses in one package: 85mm F1.8, 105mm F1.8, and 135 mm F1.8 (35mm equivalent).
Incorporating a series of low dispersion and high-refractive index elements, the optical design helps to achieve high clarity and sharpness by suppressing various aberrations, color fringing, and distortion. The bright f/1.8 constant maximum aperture offers consistent low-light performance throughout the zoom range and also affords greater control over focus placement for shallow depth of field and selective focus applications.
- FLD glass, SLD glass, and high-refractive index, high-dispersion glass help minimize aberrations - To help minimize axial and transverse chromatic aberration, this lens features an optimal arrangement of three FLD (“F” Low Dispersion) glass elements, one SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass element, three high-refractive index SLD glass elements, and one high-refractive index, high-dispersion glass element. By including one or more low-dispersion elements in every element group, this lens ensures outstanding image quality throughout the zoom and focal range.
- Hyper Sonic Motor - To achieve outstanding image quality and F1.8 brightness, SIGMA has enhanced its Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM). As with the previous SIGMA HSM, at any time during AF, users may access MF simply by rotating the focus ring. This feature makes faster focus adjustment possible since there is no need to use the AF/MF focus mode switch. Also, the optional SIGMA USB DOCK allows the user to set the lens to a conventional full-time manual focus override.
- Diaphragm unit designed for smooth operation - The diameter of the diaphragm is the second-largest in the SIGMA lens lineup after that of the SIGMA 200-500mm F2.8 /400-1000mm F5.6 EX DG, necessitating smoother and quicker operation than ever before. To achieve this goal, the diaphragm blades feature Carbon Feather film, and the diaphragm unit features a new polycarbonate made with fluorine.
- Designed to minimize flare and ghosting - SIGMA’s Super Multi-Layer Coating helps further reduce flare and ghosting and provides sharp, high-contrast images even in backlit conditions.
|Lens Construction||21 elements in 15 groups|
|Angle of View||31.7°-16.2°|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||9 (rounded diaphragm)|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||
95cm / 37.4in.
|Maximum Magnification Ratio||
|Dimensions (Diameter × Length)||
Φ93.5mm × 170.7mm / Φ3.7in. × 6.7in.
*The length of a lens is measured from the filter surface to its mount.
1,490g / 52.6oz.
Case and Petal Type Lens Hood (LH780-06) included
- Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 DC HSM Art Lens for Nikon F
- Sigma Lens Cap
- Sigma Rear Lens Cap
- Sigma Lens Hood
- Sigma Lens Case
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
- Limited 3-Year U.S.A. Warranty Extension