Craft Images with more Control in Challenging Lighting Conditions with this Tokina Lens!
The Tokina Cinema Vista 40mm T1.5 Lens (PL Mount) features a maximum T-stop of 1.5, useful when shooting in low-light situations or when you want to capture that exceedingly shallow depth-of-field look. The 40mm lens provides an image circle that more than covers full-frame sensors and is designed to provide sharp images, even when up to 8K resolution. It shares the same form factor, lens gear position, focus rotation, and front barrel diameter as the other Tokina Cinema Vista prime lenses. This makes on-set lens changes a fast and efficient operation.
Fast T1.5 Lenses with Sensor Coverage well beyond Full Frame
Keep your subject right where you left it with our virtually zero-breathing optical design—precision and versatility for the future. Featuring high-resolution modern optics with a free-form design for visual acuity matching the human eye. Cinematography is your art, ours is technology!
Tokina Cinema has introduced the new Vista series T1.5 Prime Lenses. These revolutionary new lenses feature a huge 46.7mm image circle making these lenses compatible with nearly every motion picture camera sensor on the market including VistaVision format. The new Vista series all are the exact same size and gear position for easy setup and workflow. Ultra sharp with nearly zero image breathing during focus pulls. Tokina Cinema Vista is truly the modern ultra crisp works-on-everything solution for your cinema and motion imaging capture needs.
- Fast T1.5 T stop, good for low-light filming
- Nearly no breathing during focus pulls
- Very pleasing image characteristics across the Iris range and usable side open
- T1.5 through T22 Iris range
- Use of aspherical elements and modern coatings, nicely corrected image, exceptionally low chromatic aberrations
- Newly designed large format cinema glass
- The image circle of 46.7mm covers FF35, VistaVision, and Red Dragon 8K VV
- Clearly marked focus and iris scales on both sides of the lenses
- Consistent 114mm front outer diameter, good for efficient matte box use
- Lenses also feature a 112mm screw-in filter size (excluding Vista 18mm)
- Consistent length of the lens during focus pull, swing away matte box stays put
- 9-bladed iris for rounded bokeh aesthetic
- No image shirt during focus pull
- Robust construction materials, good for long-term use and ownership
- Shimmable mount
- Tokina 40mm T1.5 Cinema Vista Prime Lens (PL Mount, Feet)
- Front Lens Cap
- Rear Lens Cap