Offering expressive performance for high-resolution digital cameras, the Sigma 24-105mm F4.0 DG OS HSM Art Lens (Nikon F) offers exceptionally stable high resolution from wide-angle to medium telephoto photography. This lens is an Art-series zoom covering a useful wide-angle to the short-telephoto range featuring a constant f/4 maximum aperture.
While featuring a large-aperture 82mm filter size, this lens minimizes optical aberrations and avoids reduced peripheral brightness, an issue that tends to affect lenses with similar specifications. The lens is checked with SIGMA’s proprietary A1 MTF (modulation transfer function) measuring system to ensure it offers exceptional quality for the high-megapixel era. Its bright enough design compliments an optical stabilizer that helps to minimize the appearance of camera shakes throughout the zoom range for sharper handheld shooting.
- Rounded diaphragm - When photographing with point light sources such as electric lights or reflections on a body of water in the background, the rounded 9-blade diaphragm helps produce an attractive bokeh effect—even at large-aperture settings.
- HSM (hypersonic motor) - Delivers high AF speed and extremely quiet performance. An optimized algorithm offers even smoother automatic focusing, and full-time manual focus override is another key feature.
- Excellent handling - Positioning the zoom ring at the front of the lens helps make possible a slim barrel design. In addition, the wide, thick zoom ring contributes to the lens’s high usability. Thanks to SIGMA’s inner focus technologies, adjusting the focus and zoom rings does not change the length of the lens, resulting in excellent handling. Since the front of the lens does not move, the lens can be used with a circular polarizing filter.
- TSC (Thermally Stable Composite) - A first for the industry, the barrel of the lens features a new TSC (Thermally Stable Composite) that offers minimal thermal shrinkage combined with exceptional hardness. It also offers 25% greater elasticity than polycarbonate. Since its thermal shrinkage is low, TSC matches well with metal parts, further contributing to the high-precision construction of the lens. TSC also makes possible slimmer forms for parts like zoom rings and scaling rings.
- Flare and ghosting reduction - SIGMA’s Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting to help photographers produce sharp and high-contrast images even in backlit conditions. The included lens hood can be attached to block out extraneous light, which can have a negative effect on rendering performance.
- High-precision, rugged brass bayonet mount - The brass mount combines high precision with rugged construction. Its treated surfaces and enhanced strength contribute to the exceptional durability of the lens.
|Lens Construction||19 elements in 14 groups|
|Angle of View||84.1°-23.3°|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||9 (rounded diaphragm)|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||
45cm / 17.7in.
|Maximum Magnification Ratio||
|Dimensions (Diameter × Length)||
φ88.6mm × 109.4mm / φ3.5in. × 4.3in.
*The length of a lens is measured from the filter surface to its mount.
940g / 33.2oz.
Case, Petal-Type Hood (LH876-03) included
- Sigma 24-105mm F4.0 DG OS HSM Art Lens (Nikon F)
- Sigma Lens Cap
- Sigma Rear Lens Cap
- Sigma Lens Hood
- Sigma Soft Padded Lens Case
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
- Limited 3-Year U.S.A. Warranty Extension