With an Ultra Wide-Angle Focal Length, this Sigma Lens is Ideal for Landscapes, Portraits, Weddings, and Interiors!
The Sigma 20mm F2.0 DG DN Contemporary Lens (Sony E Mount) is a full-frame compact prime lens for mirrorless systems that offers stunning optical performance and a truly small form factor. With a bright maximum aperture of F2, an ultra-wide focal length of 20mm, and measuring just 72.4mm in length, this lens is highly practical optic portable enough for everyday shooting. It’s ideal for landscapes, wide-angle portraits, weddings and interiors, and is particularly well-suited to astrophotography owing to its very well-controlled sagittal coma flare.
Remarkably, this 20mm lens is a stunning prime lens that offers amazing image quality and a sleek, all-metal design. With a signature I series magnetic lens cap, a manual aperture ring, and exceptional production quality, you can now enjoy creating images with satisfying results and experience! This sharp and beautifully built I series prime, the SIGMA 20mm lens captures the essence of the I series, bringing a new level of user experience―the pleasure of owning and using a lens.
- Premium Compact Primes for mirrorless users - The combination of superb optical performance with a level of compactness that is perfectly suited to smaller and lighter modern mirrorless cameras will bring you new opportunities for a perfect shot.
- New standards of optical performance for the Contemporary line - Based on the latest optical design technology, the lens construction includes three high-precision glass-molded aspherical lens elements, one SLD element, and one FLD element to suppress a range of optical aberrations. The result is clear and sharp images even in the extreme corners of the frame.
- SIGMA’s unique coating technology Nano Porous Coating - “NPC (Nano Porous Coating)” incorporates porous silica as the coating material. The porous silica layer has nano-sized holes with air inside. Having holes of this size enables a large reduction in the refractive index, allowing the reflectance to be lowered more than with conventional anti-reflective coatings. As a result, reflected light causing flares and ghosting is sharply reduced, achieving clear image quality.
- Magnetic metal lens cap - This dedicated metal cap clips to the front surface of the lens magnetically. It is no exaggeration to say that this meticulously crafted cap represents the finishing touch for the I series.
- Inner focus system - To increase stability, this lens configuration uses movable internal lens elements that adjust focus without changing the length of the lens barrel.
- Stepping Motor - The lens is capable of smooth, quiet, and high-speed AF made possible by a stepping motor, as well as supports Face/Eye Detection AF and video AF.
- Super Multi-Layer Coating - In digital cameras, flare and ghosting may also be caused by reflections between the image sensor and lens surfaces. Here too, SIGMA’s Super Multi-Layer Coating is highly effective, assuring images of outstanding contrast.
- Aperture ring - designed to help users work intuitively.
- Focus Mode Switch - Using this switch, it is possible to switch the focus mode between AF and MF.
- Mount with Dust and Splash Resistant Structure - The lens mount incorporates rubber sealing to protect the mount from dust and water drops.
- Compatible with high-speed autofocus
- Designed to minimize flare and ghosting
- Every single lens undergoes SIGMA’s proprietary MTF measuring system
- 9-blade rounded diaphragm
- High-precision, durable brass bayonet mount
|Lens Construction||11 groups, 13 elements (1 FLD, 1 SLD, and 3 aspherical lens elements)|
|Angle of View||94.5°|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||9 (rounded diaphragm)|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||
22cm / 8.7in.
|Maximum Magnification Ratio||
|Dimensions (Diameter × Length)||
φ70mm × 74.4mm / φ 2.8in. x 2.9in.
370g / 13.1oz.
Magnetic metal lens cap LCF62-01M, Petal-type lens hood (LH656-03)
- Sigma 20mm F2.0 DG DN Contemporary Lens (Sony E Mount)
- Front Lens Cap
- Rear Lens Cap
- Lens Hood
- Limited Warranty