A go-to lens for everyday shooting, the all-new Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 DG OS HSM Art Lens for Sigma SA delivers the performance and functionality that help pros succeed in news, nature, and many other fields of photography. The 24-70mm lens covers a useful wide-angle to portrait-length range of focal lengths to suit shooting in a variety of environments. Offering astonishing rendering performance that meets the highest standard, they are perfect for landscapes, portraits, still-lifes, close-ups, and casual snaps.
Furthermore, this lens is part of Sigma's Art line lenses that excels both in the studio for formal works and outdoors for impressive shots of architecture, starry skies, and many other scenes. Additionally, a constant f/2.8 maximum aperture affords consistent performance throughout the zoom range as well as greater control over the depth of field extending its versatility.
- Fast AF with full-time manual focus - Full-time manual focus function allows the lens to be switched to manual focus simply by rotating the focus ring.
- Outstanding optical performance - Three SLD glass lens elements and four aspherical lens elements help minimize optical aberrations. To ensure outstanding image quality from the center to the edges of the photograph, the optical system minimizes coma, which causes points of light to streak, and transverse chromatic aberration, which cannot be corrected by adjusting the aperture.
- Incorporating advanced aspherical lens processing technology - Aspherical lenses necessitate refined expertise in the design and manufacturing of advanced, high-performance lenses. This lens incorporates an aspherical lens element that helps achieve extremely high resolution.
- Bokeh that is a cut above - At wide-open aperture, this lens offers outstanding photographic expression. The area in focus is extremely sharp, while the background exhibits a beautiful bokeh effect with only slight spherical aberration. Since large-diameter zoom lenses are often used at wide-open aperture, SIGMA has paid close attention to the shape of the bokeh, aiming for perfect circularity.
- Designed to minimize flare and ghosting - SIGMA’s Super Multi-Layer Coating helps further reduce flare and ghosting and provides sharp, high-contrast images even in backlit conditions.
- Incorporating the OS function for success on any shoot - Designed for use in a wide variety of situations, the optical stabilizer (OS) offers a powerful stabilization effect of 4 stops.
- Exclusive low-dispersion glass - Most chromatic aberration can be removed by combining a high-refractivity convex lens element with a low-refractivity concave element. Yet residual chromatic aberration known as “secondary spectrum” may still remain. To minimize this secondary spectrum, which can be a serious issue with conventional lenses, SIGMA lenses feature up to three types of exclusive low-dispersion glass offering superior performance: ELD (Extraordinary Low Dispersion), SLD (Special Low Dispersion) and FLD (“F” Low Dispersion). In particular, FLD glass offers ultra-low dispersion in combination with high transmittance and the anomalous dispersion characteristics of fluorite.
- Newly designed HSM for fast AF performance - The newly designed hypersonic motor (HSM) offers 1.3 times the torque of its predecessor. Even at low speeds, it offers exceptionally stable performance.
- Rounded diaphragm - The 9-blade rounded diaphragm creates an attractive blur in the out-of-focus areas of the image.
- High-precision, rugged brass bayonet mount - The brass mount combines high precision with rugged construction. Its treated surfaces and enhanced strength contribute to the exceptional durability of the lens.
|Lens Construction||19 elements in 14 groups|
|Angle of View||84.1°-34.3°|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||9 (rounded diaphragm)|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||
37cm / 15in.
|Maximum Magnification Ratio||
|Dimensions (Diameter × Length)||
φ88mm × 107.6mm / φ3.5in. × 4.2in.
*The length of a lens is measured from the filter surface to its mount.
1,020g / 36.0oz.
Case, Petal Type Lens Hood (LH876-04) supplied
- Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 DG OS HSM Art Lens for Sigma SA
- Sigma Lens Cap
- Sigma Rear Lens Cap
- Sigma Lens Hood
- Sigma Soft Padded Lens Case
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
- Limited 3-Year U.S.A. Warranty Extension