Offering best-in-class optical performance ideal for nightscapes and cityscapes, the Sigma 24mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Lens for Sony E is a member of the highly regarded Art line of Sigma's Global Vision Series designed to minimize aberrations for images virtually free of streaking and warping. This lens is a wide and fast Sony E-mount prime characterized by its advanced optical construction and robust physical design.
The 24mm lens provides the best possible performance when photographing a variety of subjects from cityscapes, mountain ranges, and the star-filled night sky to indoor photography with low illumination or scenes that require a smooth bokeh effect. Because it offers a versatile wide-angle perspective when used on a full-frame sensor, this lens is perfect for the kind of photography that unleashes your inner artist!
- Minimized sagittal coma flare - Sagittal coma flare is the aberration in which a point light source appears as a streak instead of a point, and it affects large-diameter lenses in particular. By positioning aspherical lens elements toward the rear of this lens, Sigma has adjusted the angle of incidence of light for optimal power distribution. Even at a wide-open aperture, you will enjoy outstanding image quality. Since the streaking of point light sources toward the edges of the image is minimized, this lens is a powerful ally in photographing celestial bodies, nighttime illumination, and more.
- Minimized chromatic aberrations—thanks to FLD and SLD glass lenses - This lens incorporates FLD (“F” Low Dispersion) glass and SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass elements to minimize chromatic aberration of magnification, which is mainly visible around the edge of the image. Moreover, the power distribution ensures the correction of axial chromatic aberration. The result is high image quality throughout the entire focusing range—sharp and high-contrast image rendering without color blur.
- Flare and ghosting reduction - SIGMA’s Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting to help photographers produce sharp and high-contrast images even in backlit conditions. The included lens hood can be attached to block out extraneous light, which can have a negative effect on rendering performance.
- Exclusive low-dispersion glass - Most chromatic aberration can be removed by combining a high-refractivity convex lens element with a low-refractivity concave element. Yet residual chromatic aberration known as “secondary spectrum” may still remain. To minimize this secondary spectrum, which can be a serious issue with conventional lenses, SIGMA lenses feature up to three types of exclusive low-dispersion glass offering superior performance: ELD (Extraordinary Low Dispersion), SLD (Special Low Dispersion) and FLD (“F” Low Dispersion). In particular, FLD glass offers ultra-low dispersion in combination with high transmittance and the anomalous dispersion characteristics of fluorite.
- Minimized distortion - This lens features an adjusted incidence angle of the light source from the surface of the first lens and aspherical glass elements to optimize the power layout at respective positions. This has helped minimize distortion throughout the entire image.
- Rounded diaphragm - When photographing with point light sources such as electric lights or reflections on a body of water in the background, the rounded 9-blade diaphragm helps produce an attractive bokeh effect—even at large-aperture settings.
- HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) - Delivers high AF speed and extremely quiet performance. SIGMA’s latest AF algorithm makes possible even smoother automatic focusing. After AF has done its job, full-time MF (manual focus) allows you to make fine adjustments to focus simply by turning the focus ring. Using the SIGMA USB DOCK (sold separately) allows you to access the MO (manual override) function, which allows you to manually focus at any time during AF by turning the focus ring. *The operation of full-time MF may vary based on mount type.
- TSC (Thermally Stable Composite) - A first for the industry, the barrel of the new series of SIGMA lenses features a new TSC (Thermally Stable Composite) that offers minimal thermal shrinkage combined with exceptional hardness. It also offers 25% greater elasticity than polycarbonate. Since its thermal shrinkage is low, TSC matches well with metal parts, further contributing to the high-precision construction of the lens.
- High-precision, rugged brass bayonet mount - The brass mount combines high precision with rugged construction. Its treated surfaces and enhanced strength contribute to the exceptional durability of the lens.
|Lens Construction||15 elements in 11 groups|
|Angle of View||84.1°|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||9 (rounded diaphragm)|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||
25cm / 9.8 in.
|Maximum Magnification Ratio||
|Dimensions (Diameter × Length)||
φ85.4mm × 116.2mm / φ3.4in. × 6.1in.
*The length of a lens is measured from the filter surface to its mount.
740g / 26.1oz.
Case, Petal type lens hood (LH830-03) supplied
- Sigma 24mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Lens for Sony E
- Sigma Rear Lens Cap
- Sigma Lens Cap
- Sigma Lens Hood
- Sigma Lens Case
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
- Limited 3-Year U.S.A. Warranty Extension