Used for professional photos such as night sky photography and video works, the Sigma 35mm F2.0 DG DN Contemporary Lens for Sony E is a classic wide standard prime that comes with a maximum aperture of F2, and offers both compactness and high optical performance. Its modest size and weight make it portable enough to be carried around in a small kitbag for day-to-day shooting, with its outstanding optical quality, wide aperture, and high-quality constructed body which is guaranteed for the I series.
This 35mm lens is also useful for a broad array of subject types, including landscape, street, and reportage shooting because of its wide field of view. In terms of the optical design, three aspherical elements and one SLD element are used to minimize a variety of aberrations and distortion for sharp and accurate rendering.
- Premium Compact Primes for mirrorless users - One of the key advantages of mirrorless cameras is their smaller form factor, and this new 35mm optic is designed to be perfectly matched to these more compact systems without sacrificing performance. This combination of superb optical quality with exceptional portability, not previously possible with DSLR systems, will bring new opportunities to this and future generations of photographers.
- New standards of optical performance for the Contemporary line - Axial chromatic aberration, a point of particular concern with a bright lens, is corrected with SLD glass, while an optimal placement of high-refractive index elements provides effective correction of various types of aberration while keeping the amount of glass used to a minimum.
- Use of multiple high-precision aspherical glass molded lenses - The surface of molds for glass molding, which is a process that forms optical components by pressing glass materials at high temperatures, requires ultra-high precision. SIGMA uses high-precision molds whose surfaces are controlled with an accuracy of ±5 nanometers (0.000005 mm) or smaller.
- Magnetic metal lens cap - The I series lenses* are accompanied by a dedicated magnetic metal lens cap, in addition to a normal plastic cap. This dedicated metal cap clips to the front surface of the lens magnetically.
- Stepping Motor - The lens is capable of smooth, quiet, and high-speed AF made possible by a stepping motor, as well as supports Face/Eye Detection AF and video AF.
- Mount with Dust and Splash Resistant Structure - The lens mount incorporates rubber sealing to protect the mount from dust and water drops.
- Super Multi-Layer Coating - SIGMA’s own Super Multi-Layer Coating suppresses flare and ghosting by preventing reflections within the lens. All lenses in the current SIGMA range feature this original technology. In digital cameras, flare and ghosting may also be caused by reflections between the image sensor and lens surfaces.
- Aperture ring - Designed to help users work intuitively.
- Focus Mode Switch - Using this switch, it is possible to switch the focus mode between AF and MF.
- Linear focus / Non-linear focus - With “non-linear focus,” the amount of focal point movement varies depending on the focus ring rotational speed. With linear focus, if the focus ring rotational angle is the same, the amount of focal point movement remains the same regardless of the focus ring rotational speed.
- Designed to minimize flare and ghosting
- Supports DMF, AF+MF
- Inner focus
- 9-blade rounded diaphragm
- High-precision, durable brass bayonet mount
|Lens Construction||10 elements in 9 groups|
|Angle of View||63.4°|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||9 (rounded diaphragm)|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||
27cm / 10.6in.
|Maximum Magnification Ratio||
|Dimensions (Diameter × Length)||
φ70mm × 67.4mm
*The length of a lens is measured from the filter surface to its mount.
Magnetic metal lens cap(FRONT CAP LCF58-01M), Lens Hood (LH636-01) supplied
- Sigma 35mm F2.0 DG DN Contemporary Lens for Sony E
- Sigma Lens Cap
- Sigma Rear Lens Cap
- Sigma Magnetic Metal Lens Cap
- Sigma Lens Hood
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
- Limited 3-Year U.S.A. Warranty Extension