Designed to meet all shooting conditions, the Sigma 40mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Lens for Sigma SA is a wide normal-length lens and SIGMA’s first lens developed originally to live up to the sought-after angle of view and performance standard for a cine lens. It is characterized by a bright design and sophisticated optical layout which the optical design incorporates a series of low dispersion and aspherical elements, which help to improve sharpness and clarity by controlling both spherical and chromatic aberrations.
High-end cine lenses used by professional filmmakers are required to have a consistent characteristic because these lenses are used to film a subject moving freely on the screen or while panning or tilting the camera. And this 40mm lens represents exactly the concept of the Art Line; “optical performance comes first.”
- Water and Oil-repellent coating - The front lens element incorporates water and oil-repellent coating that allows water to be wiped away easily and prevents oil and fat from sticking to the surface, even in challenging shooting conditions. At the same time, the maintenance of the lens surface becomes easier.
- Dust and Splash Resistant Structure - This lens features a highly effective dust and splash-resistant structure* with special sealing at the mount connection, manual focus ring, zoom ring, and cover connection, allowing photographers to work in all types of weather.
- High-speed AF - The high-speed AF, thanks to the HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) with an updated algorithm, captures instantaneous photography movement.
- Hood with lock - Features a hood with a lock to prevent dropping the hood.
- Designed to minimize flare and ghosting - SIGMA’s Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting to help photographers produce sharp and high-contrast images even in backlit conditions.
- High-precision, rugged brass bayonet mount - The brass mount combines high precision with rugged construction. Its treated surfaces and enhanced strength contribute to the exceptional durability of the lens.
- Rounded diaphragm - The 9-blade rounded diaphragm creates an attractive blur in the out-of-focus areas of the image.
|Lens Construction||16 elements in 12 groups|
|Angle of View||56.8°|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||9 (rounded diaphragm)|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||
40cm / 15.7in.
|Maximum Magnification Ratio||
|Dimensions (Diameter × Length)||
φ87.8mm × 131mm / φ3.5in. × 5.2in.
*The length of a lens is measured from the filter surface to its mount.
1,200g / 42.3oz.
Case, Petal Type Hood with lock（LH878-01）supplied
- Sigma 40mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Lens for Sigma SA
- Sigma Lens Cap
- Sigma Rear Lens Cap
- Sigma Lens Hood
- Sigma Lens Case
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
- Limited 3-Year U.S.A. Warranty Extension