Ideally suited for creative and artistic applications, the Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Lens for Sony A is a large-aperture standard lens that delivers top performance through the incorporation of both three Special Low Dispersion glass elements and one molded glass aspherical element. Its outstanding resolution makes it ideal for the high-megapixel era; delivers exquisitely balanced images with a beautiful bokeh effect, setting a new benchmark for large-aperture standard lenses. Once you own it, you’ll never want to be without it!
- High resolution plus outstanding bokeh - While maximizing resolution at the area in focus, this lens offers a silky-smooth bokeh effect to the front and rear. To achieve exceptionally crisp resolution, we have minimized sagittal coma flare, chromatic aberration, and every other type of optical aberration that affects image quality. The result is minute detail without bleeding or streaking, even at a wide-open aperture.
- Minimized axial chromatic aberration - Axial chromatic aberration is difficult to correct after a photograph is taken using image processing software. For this reason, this lens features SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass to minimize axial chromatic aberration and deliver sharp, high-contrast image quality throughout the frame.
- Minimized distortion - Distortion is an optical aberration in which straight lines appear bent or curved. Since adjusting the focus cannot correct this aberration, it must be minimized at the design stage. This lens features aspheric lens elements and optimized power distribution to minimize distortion from the center of the frame all the way to the edges.
- High peripheral brightness - Large-aperture lenses are prone to reduced peripheral brightness. In this lens, we have made the forward lens group large-aperture, thereby raising aperture efficiency. The result is minimal reduction of brightness at the image periphery and even image quality throughout the photograph.
- HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) - Delivers high AF speed and extremely quiet performance. An enhanced algorithm offers even smoother automatic focusing. Optimizing AF algorithm, smoother AF is achieved. Also, new firmware offers a full-time MF function by rotating the focus ring of the lens while auto-focusing. Without changing the AF/MF Focus Mode Switch, it allows faster focus adjustment.
- Rounded diaphragm - When photographing with point light sources such as electric lights or reflections on a body of water in the background, the rounded 9-blade diaphragm helps produce an attractive bokeh effect—even at large-aperture settings.
- TSC (Thermally Stable Composite) - A first for the industry, the barrel of the new series of SIGMA lenses features a new TSC (Thermally Stable Composite) that offers minimal thermal shrinkage combined with exceptional hardness. It also offers 25% greater elasticity than polycarbonate. Since its thermal shrinkage is low, TSC matches well with metal parts, further contributing to the high-precision construction of the lens.
- Flare and ghosting reduction - SIGMA’s Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting to help photographers produce sharp and high-contrast images even in backlit conditions. The included lens hood can be attached to block out extraneous light, which can have a negative effect on rendering performance.
- High-precision, rugged brass bayonet mount - The brass mount combines high precision with rugged construction. Its treated surfaces and enhanced strength contribute to the exceptional durability of the lens.
|Lens Construction||13 elements in 8 groups|
|Angle of View||46.8°|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||9 (rounded diaphragm)|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||
40cm / 15.7 in.
|Maximum Magnification Ratio||
|Dimensions (Diameter × Length)||
φ85.4mm × 125.9mm / φ3.4in. × 5.0in.
*The length of a lens is measured from the filter surface to its mount.
880g / 31oz.
Case, Petal type lens hood (LH830-02) supplied
- Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Lens for Sony A
- Sigma Front Lens Cap
- Sigma Rear Lens Cap
- Sigma Lens Hood
- Sigma Lens Case
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
- Limited 3-Year U.S.A. Extended Warranty Extension Against Manufacturing and Workmanship Defects