Offers a stunning photographic experience for mirrorless users, the Sigma 65mm F2.0 DG DN Contemporary Lens for Sony E is a stylishly sleek short telephoto prime offering a unique field of view well-suited to portraiture and selective everyday shooting. It allows a slightly more compressed perspective than standard lenses, opening up a variety of creative approaches for both photography and filmmaking. It can capture extremely fine detail even wide open at its maximum aperture of F2 and produces large and round bokeh.
Furthermore, a bright f/2 design that helps to maintain a portable form factor while also contributing to low-light performance and depth of field control complimenting the slightly longer focal length. Its all-metal body, which is a feature across all I series lenses, and the design with great care paid to the touch and even how delightful the sound made during operation is will make the lens a joy to use and own.
- Use of multiple high-precision aspherical glass molded lenses - SIGMA uses high-precision molds whose surfaces are controlled with an accuracy of ±5 nanometers (0.000005 mm) or smaller. High-precision aspherical glass molded lenses archives both good aberration correction and compact lens size.
- Magnetic metal lens cap - The I series lenses* are accompanied by a dedicated magnetic metal lens cap, in addition to a normal plastic cap. This dedicated metal cap clips to the front surface of the lens magnetically. It is no exaggeration to say that this meticulously crafted cap represents the finishing touch for the I series.
- Stepping Motor - The lens is capable of smooth, quiet, and high-speed AF made possible by a stepping motor, as well as supports Face/Eye Detection AF and video AF.
- Mount with Dust and Splash Resistant Structure - The lens mount incorporates rubber sealing to protect the mount from dust and water drops.
- Super Multi-Layer Coating - In digital cameras, flare and ghosting may also be caused by reflections between the image sensor and lens surfaces. Here too, SIGMA’s Super Multi-Layer Coating is highly effective, assuring images of outstanding contrast.
- Aperture ring - Designed to help users work intuitively.
- Focus Mode Switch - Using this switch, it is possible to switch the focus mode between AF and MF.
- Linear focus / Non-linear focus - With “non-linear focus,” the amount of focal point movement varies depending on the focus ring rotational speed. With linear focus, if the focus ring rotational angle is the same, the amount of focal point movement remains the same regardless of the focus ring rotational speed.
- Supports DMF, AF+MF
- Inner focus
- 9-blade rounded diaphragm
- High-precision, durable brass bayonet mount
|Lens Construction||12 elements in 9 groups|
|Angle of View||36.8°|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||9 (rounded diaphragm)|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||
55cm / 21.7in.
|Maximum Magnification Ratio||
|Dimensions (Diameter × Length)||
φ72mm × 76.7mm / φ2.8in. × 3.0in.
*The length of a lens is measured from the filter surface to its mount.
405g / 14.3oz.
Magnetic metal lens cap FRONT CAP LCF62-01M, Lens Hood (LH636-01) included
- Sigma 65mm F2.0 DG DN Contemporary Lens for Sony E
- Sigma Lens Cap
- Sigma Rear Lens Cap
- Sigma Magnetic Metal Lens Cap
- Sigma Lens Hood
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
- Limited 3-Year U.S.A. Warranty Extension