Ideal for events, portraiture, and sports shooting, the Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 DG OS HSM Sports Lens (Sigma SA Mount) is a flexible telephoto zoom that has high optical quality, a tough design, and excellent handling – all of the features required by professional photographers and high-end amateurs. It is expected to perform at its best in various challenging scenes, from news to sports, landscape, and portraits, and for full range of wedding moments – from intimate close-ups to wide-angle group shots.
The fast constant f/2.8 maximum aperture excels in difficult lighting conditions and also offers increased control over the depth of field for isolating subjects. It offers uncompromising optical performance and photographic expression, allowing the photographer to shoot fast-moving and distant subjects with clarity and sharpness. Fully customizable, it allows the photographer to create his or her own specification. It is an ideal choice for photographing many different subjects; birds, wild animals, airplanes, motorsports, and even portraits.
- Incorporating 10 exclusive low-dispersion glass elements - From the center to the corners, extremely high resolution is realized, making the lens capable of meeting the most demanding needs of professional photographers in various shooting conditions. By optimizing spherical aberration, a smooth and natural bokeh effect is ensured making the lens perfect for portrait photography.
- Water- and oil-repellent coating - The front lens element incorporates water and oil-repellent coating that allows water to be wiped away easily and prevents oil and fat from sticking to the surface, even in challenging shooting conditions. At the same time, the maintenance of the lens surface becomes easier.
- Dust and Splash Resistant Structure - This lens features a highly effective dust and splash-resistant structure* with special sealing at the mount connection, manual focus ring, zoom ring, and cover connection, allowing photographers to work in all types of weather.
- Intelligent OS - This lens incorporates Intelligent OS adopting the latest algorithm to deliver an image stabilization effect of 4 stops.
- Magnesium alloy barrel - To help minimize the weight associated with a hyper telephoto lens, the lens barrel is made with a magnesium alloy. Both lightweight and tough, this alloy contributes to the outstanding maneuverability of this lens.
- Three F2.8 zooms that exhibit maximum performance - The three lenses exhibit maximum performance in scenes requiring shooting under various conditions and circumstances such as scouting filming locations and overseas reporting assignments.
- Tele Converter - Designed to match the current lens lineup (optional) can be attached.
- Focus Limiter -Offering customization for the driving range of autofocus enables a photographer to exactly reflect personal preference.
- Manual override (MO) - Capable of switching two full-time manual modes.
- Compatible with Canon Lens Aberration Correction - The Canon mount version of this lens is compatible with the Canon Lens Aberration Correction function*. Matching the optical characteristics of the lens, this function performs in-camera corrections of peripheral illumination, chromatic aberrations, distortion, and more, to further enhance image quality.
- Designed to minimize flare and ghosting - SIGMA’s Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting to help photographers produce sharp and high-contrast images even in backlit conditions.
- High-precision, rugged brass bayonet mount - The brass mount combines high precision with rugged construction. Its treated surfaces and enhanced strength contribute to the exceptional durability of the lens.
- Nikon electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism included - The Nikon mount version of this lens includes an electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism that allows it to receive the appropriate signals from the camera body. This feature ensures precision diaphragm control and stable Auto Exposure (AE) performance during continuous shooting.
- Rounded diaphragm - The 11-blade rounded diaphragm creates an attractive blur in the out-of-focus areas of the image.
|Lens Construction||24 elements in 22 groups|
|Angle of View||34.3-12.3°|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||11 (rounded diaphragm)|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||
120cm / 47.2in.
|Maximum Magnification Ratio||
|Dimensions (Diameter × Length)||
ø94.2mm × 202.9mm / ø3.7in. × 8.0in.
*The length of a lens is measured from the filter surface to its mount.
Case, Hood (LH914-01), Built-in Tripod Socket (Non-detachable) supplied
- Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 DG OS HSM Sports Lens (Sigma SA Mount)
- Sigma Lens Cap
- Sigma Rear Lens Cap
- Sigma Lens Hood
- Sigma Lens Case
- Tripod Socket
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
- Limited 3-Year U.S.A. Warranty Extension