Designed to prioritize optical performance, the Sigma 70mm F2.8 DG Macro Art Lens for Canon EF is a life-size lens that delivers stunning resolution and incredible clarity that greatly exceeds expectations for a macro lens. As a part of the Art series of lenses, this 70mm lens features an extending, floating, two-group focus mechanism. This configuration minimizes aberration to produce optimal results at any focus distance. The coreless DC motor further enhances image quality, while an optimized algorithm helps offer extremely smooth autofocus performance for a weightier, high-performance lens.
- Designed to minimize flare and ghosting - SIGMA’s Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting to help photographers produce sharp and high-contrast images even in backlit conditions. The included lens hood can be attached to block out extraneous light, which can have a negative effect on rendering performance.
- Fast AF with full-time manual focus - Full-time manual focus function allows the lens to be switched to manual focus simply by rotating the focus ring.
- Mount with Dust and Splash Resistant Structure - The lens mount incorporates rubber sealing to protect the mount from dust and water drops.
- Exclusive low-dispersion glass - Most chromatic aberration can be removed by combining a high-refractivity convex lens element with a low-refractivity concave element. Yet residual chromatic aberration known as “secondary spectrum” may still remain. To minimize this secondary spectrum, which can be a serious issue with conventional lenses, SIGMA lenses feature up to three types of exclusive low-dispersion glass offering superior performance: ELD (Extraordinary Low Dispersion), SLD (Special Low Dispersion) and FLD (“F” Low Dispersion). In particular, FLD glass offers ultra-low dispersion in combination with high transmittance and the anomalous dispersion characteristics of fluorite.
- Rounded diaphragm - The 9-blade rounded diaphragm creates an attractive blur in the out-of-focus areas of the image.
- High-precision, rugged brass bayonet mount - The brass mount combines high precision with rugged construction. Its treated surfaces and enhanced strength contribute to the exceptional durability of the lens.
|Lens Construction||13 elements in 10 groups|
|Angle of View||34.3°|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||9 (rounded diaphragm)|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||
25.8cm / 10.2in.
|Maximum Magnification Ratio||
|Dimensions (Diameter × Length)||
φ70.8mm × 129.8mm / φ2.8 in. × 5.1in.
*The length of a lens is measured from the filter surface to its mount.
605g / 21.3oz.
Case and Lens Hood (LH708-01) supplied
- Sigma 70mm F2.8 DG Macro Art Lens for Canon EF
- Sigma Lens Cap
- Sigma Rear Lens Cap
- Sigma Lens Hood
- Sigma Lens Case
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
- Limited 3-Year U.S.A. Warranty Extension